It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-24-2009   #1 (permalink)
mikemandy2978

Question please help--sick kitten

There is a mama cat who hangs around our yard who keeps having kittens. If they are left with her she kills them so I keep trying to rescue them and raise them. The only problem is every time the kittens end up dying. They start off good and then slowly waste away. The symptoms are diarrhea, weight loss despite me feeding them several ounces a day, weakness, and then right before they die they will clench their jaws tightly shut and refuse to eat and they stop trying to crawl around and just lie there. Does anyone know what could cause this?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-24-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemandy2978 View Post
There is a mama cat who hangs around our yard who keeps having kittens. If they are left with her she kills them so I keep trying to rescue them and raise them. The only problem is every time the kittens end up dying. They start off good and then slowly waste away. The symptoms are diarrhea, weight loss despite me feeding them several ounces a day, weakness, and then right before they die they will clench their jaws tightly shut and refuse to eat and they stop trying to crawl around and just lie there. Does anyone know what could cause this?
It's good that you to rescue and help raise the kittens, but you need to only feed them Kitten Milk Replacement - which is similar with what they get from meowmy when they're weaned.

The best you can do it to capture meowmy and get her spayed, so she will not keep getting pregnant with more kittens !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-24-2009   #3 (permalink)
Cool Cat

lovemeow is on a distinguished road

Irene is so right about Kitty Milk replacement. Feed them that for a few weeks then you can start transitioning to solid food. Kittens need a lot of nutrients after birth. Since they are so delicate, they need something that is very easy to digest. Hope it helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- my blog dedicated to our furry buddies

~|
|~

Tags
art , birth , cat , diarrhea , dying , food , hey , kitten , kittens , kitty , loss , pregnant , problem , rescue , sick , spayed , stop , weaned , weight

Sponsored Cat Links