It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-29-2009   #1 (permalink)
Katatztrophee

Default Large Gray Dry Crumbly Scab On Cats Neck

Last edited by Katatztrophee; 07-30-2009 at 08:14 PM.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-29-2009   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

Location: Originally from Northern VA, I now live in Georgia.
malondeedee is on a distinguished road

I havent heard of anything like that. You definitely need to get a vet right away.. not just for this but bc the cat neets shots and spay/neuter. It may be having an allergic reaction to something but the only way to know is to have a vet check it out.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-29-2009   #3 (permalink)
Katatztrophee

He's had his shots, we got him from a breeder, who cant tell what it is either..

Unread 07-29-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

Definitely have a vet check that out... That does not sound good, especially when you say it's spreading.
Unread 07-30-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

I agree with the rest of them : Please take him to the vet right away ...

And please keep us updated ..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 07-30-2009   #6 (permalink)
Katatztrophee

Last edited by Katatztrophee; 07-30-2009 at 08:15 PM.

Unread 07-30-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatztrophee View Post
ok thats really annoying I KNOW I NEED TO TAKE HIM TO THE VET AS SOON AS POSSIBLE PEOPLE, IM NOT THAT DUMB!!!, i was just wondering if anyone had seen it before and if so if they knew what it might be, i would really wouldnt like to have him all hopped up on medication if its not necessary, SO if you dont have any clue what it might be dont answer or reply at all......thank you.
I don't think anyone is suggesting that you are dumb just that it is something not normal, is spreading and if the breeder can't tell you what it is a vet visit would be the logical next step. Does it seem to bother him at all and does he try to get to the spot.(scratching or bitting) Is his eating, sleeping, toilet habits the same or is there a change on that front as well? We only want to help you not offend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!
Unread 07-30-2009   #8 (permalink)
Katatztrophee

its just frustrating..... but everything is normal, he doesnt scratch it at all, doesnt pull away when you touch it, at first i thought it was a healing scab b/c thats what it kind of looks like, but when it started to get bigger i started to get worried

Unread 07-30-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

I don't know what's wrong with people suggesting a vet check ??

And I also don't know why those people who come to seek advice are so easily offended and annoyed when there is nobody offending nobody, and/or suggesting they are dumb but only trying to help ?? Do people know the basic etiquette ?? Getting worried or frustrated is not an excuse for losing temper !!

Last edited by Irene Jims; 07-30-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Unread 07-30-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

If a human had an obvious skin issue that there wasn't a reason for and specially if it was growing in size or changing color the first thing you would do would be to go to a doctor to have it seen as it could be life threatning. The same goes in my opinion for our pets as they depend on us for all their needs. If there is something going on, on the outside its possible that the problem started from the inside. I would see a vet just to ease my mind. you may come away with ointment to put on it and or pills and the knowledge that you have sought the help of a doctor.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!

Tags
advice , allergic , annoyed , breeder , cat , cats , color , dry , eating , hey , neuter , opinion , pills , problem , scab , scratch , scratching , sleeping , spay , spay/neuter , vet

Sponsored Cat Links