It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-02-2009   #1 (permalink)
kittylove

Default Found kittens..am I caring for them correctly?

My boyfriend found some kittens under his house about a week ago. There were 4 total, we took two to a shelter and decided to keep the other two. They seem to be doing very well, they readily scarf down wet canned food, as well as nibble at dry food. They also are pretty good at using the litterbox on their own. Here are a few pictures...

They have the most adorable blue eyes and I only hope they stay that way.

Any ideas on how old they might be? Do they still need some kind of milk replacement for cats? I am feeding them the fancy feast wet canned food and a purina dry kitten food.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-02-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

They look like right around 2 or 3 months, but only a vet can really tell you for sure
They should also see a vet anyway to make sure they're up on their health and also for vaccinations.
They sure are adorable little kitties!
Unread 08-02-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up WOW !! And thank you for rescuing them !!

They are both soooo lovely !! Their blue eyes 'may not' stay that way, coz most kittens with blue eyes will change colors as they grow... however, I sincerely hope they will stay blue too .. but, whatever color, they are absolutely stunning !! Concats !!

To me they look like 2 - 3 months old too... but, I have to agree with Brandon, since they need proper kitten vaccinations and other check-ups too (flea, worm, etc.), why don't you let the vet tell you about their age and gender. So, hopefully you will find purrfect names for them ?
Oh yes, if they are already 3 months old, they won't need Kitten Milk replacement, they can switch to kitten wet/dry food.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-02-2009   #4 (permalink)
Cool Cat

PantherPride is on a distinguished road

Feed canned, not dry, or better yet a Raw diet. Good canned brands include Innova EVO, Instincts, Ziwi Peak, Natures Logic, Wellness core and Wellness Grain free.

Keep Indoor only and don't De claw, go to www.StopDeclaw.com to learn about it.

Spay/Neuter ASAP!
Unread 08-02-2009   #5 (permalink)
kittylove

I'm pretty sure they are both females. I named the one with the blue string around her neck, Luna. The other girls name is Squeak. I do plan on taking them to the vet.

We are pretty sure the papa cat is a stray Siamese that people call Smokey that has been hanging around the neighborhood. The mama cat might be a gray tabby that we have seen around too. (There are a few strays/outdoor kitties in the neighborhood) I think they probably will keep their blue eyes because Smokey has vivid blue eyes as well.

Unread 08-03-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Cute names !!

Now welcome Luna & Squeak !
That's why they're sooo fabulous -- coz they got Siamese and grey tabby in them !

Good luck at the vet also ! Please keep us posted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
adorable , age , blue eyes , boyfriend , canned food , cat , cats , cute , diet , dry , dry food , eyes , food , found , free , grey , health , hey , house , indoor , kitten food , kittens , kitties , litterbox , neuter , outdoor , pictures , raw , shelter , siamese , stray , strays , tabby , vet

Sponsored Cat Links