It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-12-2009   #1 (permalink)
SilverFox13425

Default My old kitty girl.... I think shes sick?

I know I should take her to a vet. But its hard. My family has the IRS up our tails. But Im getting my boyfriends mom to take her. I was just here to wonder if anyone had an idea what is wrong with my first baby?

My baby girl, Shadow, is 8 years old and she will be 9 this November. Lately, she's been quite different. She still acts like my Shadow and stuff. But when she eats she always throws it up. My grandfather [He adopted me] seems to think that nothing is wrong with her. I disagree. Also when you pick her up, she squeaks quietly, but it sounds like she is in pain.

She was spayed and fixed when we got her, so shes ok by that. Not preggo or anything. But we let her go outside in the backyard, but only with our supervision. She used to eat grass, then come in and throw it up. None of us use fertilizer, so we dont think its that.

One time I found some of that fake grass used in Easter baskets inside some of her vomit... But that was a long time ago. About a year ago. I freaked out a bit but Shadow acted as normal as she ever had. She still wants to go outside when youre by the door. She still runs for breakfast. She even still plays with the laser light and bells sometimes.

We feed them whiskas dry food and fancy feast seafood wet canned food. My other two young cats [One a few weeks past a year old and the other one about to be a year old] are perfectly healthy and hyper.

Sometimes the nuetered, declawed male cat jumps on Shadow and they wrestle a little. I dont really think he could have hurt her, but possibly. She acts like her fairly normal self, other then she throws up every time she eats. She never used to. And she squeaks when you pick her up. She was never able to meow.

So anyone know what is possibly wrong with my cat? She is slightly overweight, about 15 pounds. Shes a deep chocolate brown longhair. She looks like a black cat.

Can someone help me?

Last edited by SilverFox13425; 08-12-2009 at 01:37 AM.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-12-2009   #2 (permalink)
SilverFox13425

Please?? Im really worried about my precious kitty.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-12-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Hi ! Welcome to you and your three furry babies !!
That happened before to my Princess Tiger. After she ate grass or other plants, she would throw up badly. My vet told me to really watch her closely, not to let her eat those dangerous things that she should not. Other than that, I immediately give her hair ball paste. Thank God, things improved after a while.

BTW, I don't think Shadow is old at all, at the age of only 9 ! Well looked after cats can live up to 20 years old or even older than that !

If the condition persist, I don't think you should delay to take her to the vet. Let the vet rule out all possibilities - stomach, kidney, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 08-12-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

There are too many things that could be wrong. She could have a blockage. She could have kidney disease. She is in pain. I do hope you can get her to the vet.
Unread 08-13-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

Maybe you could talk to the vet office and see if you could do a payment plan of sorts. I would definitely take to vet's as this is something new.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!

Tags
adopted , age , babies , baby , black , black cat , brown , canned food , cats , color , dry , dry food , family , fixed , food , found , girl , healthy , hey , hurt , hyper , kitty , laser , male , meow , overweight , sick , spayed , vet , vomit

Sponsored Cat Links