It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-27-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

rleeq is on a distinguished road
Default One Red Eye

It's 4:30 am and I can't sleep. I woke around 2:00 and something was bothering me that i couldn't identify. After about an hour I lay back down and the kitts hopped up on the bed and I noticed right away that something was wrong with the left eye of one of them.
His left eye has suddenly turned red. Bright clear red. It's not cloudy as if a blood vessel has broke like what happens sometimes if you get poked in the eye. It's not irritated like ours get from rubbing them to vigorously or like pink eye.
He doesn't seem to be in pain and there is no discharge of any kind, no swelling but he is squinting that eye a little.
It's as if the liquid in the eye has suddenly turned red.
Has anybody ever had this happen to their cat. Has anybody got any suggestions besides the obvious advice of take him to the vet?

R'

Last edited by rleeq; 08-27-2009 at 06:56 AM. Reason: added info
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-27-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Well, it never happened to anyone of my kits, but I suggest you to take him to the vet's ASAP.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-27-2009   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

rleeq is on a distinguished road

Just a quick update. I think I figured out what happened to Boo Boo's eye. Earlire in the evening last night my two terroists decided that they would try using me as part of their race track again, (something I am trying to gently let them know is not OK) and when Boo ran across my chest I just lifted the book I was reading into his path. He hit it with a bit of a whack and landed off balance but ran off without any complaining so I just let it go. Well it may be that he caught a corner of the book in his eye. This is the only thing i can think of.
So anyway I got him to the docs today and she didn't seem too concerned. She gave me an ointment Vetropoycin to put in his eye a couple of times a day and a bottle of liquid Amoxicellin to gag him with a couple of times a day as well.
He really dosen't like either procedure but I have a canvas back pack that he fits into very well to keep him from tearing me up while I administer his meds.

So thanks for advice given Update in a week

R'
Unread 08-28-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
maggiemay is on a distinguished road

I'm so glad that it's nothing serious!
Former mom to: Rosie, Tigger, Samson, Smokey, Maggiemay, Tasha, Abby, Coco, SmokeyJr, Merlin, and Merlin Jr, Gracie, and Samson Jr, I left you all in Canada with the exception of Rosie and Tigger who I know are no longer with us! I hope that you are all happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me!

Tags
advice , book , cat , eye , hey , night , sleep , suggestions , vet

Sponsored Cat Links