It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-01-2009   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone heard of...

Halo Spot's Stew Indoor Formula? I have a friend who has her 4 cats on it, and they love it. Here's the ingredients: (printed on the bag):
Salmon, pea protein, whole dried eggs, oats, pearled barley, vegetable broth, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), pea flour, chicken liver, chicken, flaxseed, salmon oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), pea fiber, sweet potatoes, apples, blueberries, green beans, carrots, cranberries, zucchini, alfalfa, inulin, calcium sulfate, potassium chloride, taurine, salt, folic acid.

It sounds pretty good and I am thinking of trying it. I already switched out my dog to a better quality food, I want to switch my cats out eventually (now that I have a new, higher paying job, I can afford it!) I'm wondering what all my wonderful cat-owning friends think?

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-01-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

I've heard that Halo is a very good brand. I'd say go for it! If I were to switch RC with anything else, it'd be Halo. In fact I am considering it
And I'm happy for your new job!
Unread 09-01-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
I've heard that Halo is a very good brand. I'd say go for it! If I were to switch RC with anything else, it'd be Halo. In fact I am considering it
Thanx Katrine I'm happy too! I saw this brand in the petstore today as well, but I didn't see a price. I'll have to go back tomorrow and ask (I was in a bit of a hurry today) hopefully it's not too pricey and I can find it somewhere besides Petco. There is a feed store in town, I'm going to check to see if they sell dog/cat foods. I only know that they sell horse and chicken feed, but I might get lucky and they will have cat food as well.
Unread 09-02-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
Thanx Katrine I'm happy too! I saw this brand in the petstore today as well, but I didn't see a price. I'll have to go back tomorrow and ask (I was in a bit of a hurry today) hopefully it's not too pricey and I can find it somewhere besides Petco. There is a feed store in town, I'm going to check to see if they sell dog/cat foods. I only know that they sell horse and chicken feed, but I might get lucky and they will have cat food too.
Unread 09-02-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Question

Never heard of it, sorry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-02-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I went back to the pet store (Petco) a little bit ago, to check the price of Halo. 12lbs for $35! Sheez...yet it sounds like such a good food. Decisions..decisions..
Unread 09-02-2009   #7 (permalink)
Cool Cat

PantherPride is on a distinguished road

Its grainy If money is an issue I would try wellness grain free, its around just as much and its a more meaty brand.

I get my Evo from Petland and its around $38 for a 15 lbs bag of dry

(note parents insist on some dry, we have a summer home we leave for every other weekend and no one will/would feed a our cats wet while are are gone, EVO dry is a heck of a lot better them most dry foods)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-02-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Well, I've heard many good things of Halo and I think you should go for it, Crystal. Now you've got a better job and your kitties want to celebrate it with you too on a daily basis
Unread 09-02-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherPride View Post
Its grainy If money is an issue I would try wellness grain free, its around just as much and its a more meaty brand.

I get my Evo from Petland and its around $38 for a 15 lbs bag of dry

(note parents insist on some dry, we have a summer home we leave for every other weekend and no one will/would feed a our cats wet while are are gone, EVO dry is a heck of a lot better them most dry foods)
Thank you for trashing my thread with your god-darn Evo promotions! Nobody cares about it! And I'd LOVE to know where you see that this food is too grainy? I linked the ingredients..where do you see all the grain? Once again, another post you turn around to be all about the foods you are trying to promote, enough already!
Seriously, you are not going to convince me or anyone else here to use Evo, so shut up already!
Unread 09-02-2009   #10 (permalink)
Cool Cat

PantherPride is on a distinguished road

Oats and barley are grains Its not as grainy as some however, And frankly I'm just trying to help. You need to control yourself

Tags
adult , art , cat , cat food , cats , dog , dry , favorites , fiber , food , found , free , friends , happy , health , healthy , hey , home , indoor , joy , kitties , love , lucky , money , morning , pet , stop , thoughts

Sponsored Cat Links