It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-10-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

DeniseLM is on a distinguished road
Default Boy cat with no testes? Anyone know about this?

Hi! Haven't been on lately, but had a question for you. Bowler is now 6.5 pounds at 4 months, and went in today to be neutering. We knew it would cost a bit more, as his testes hadn't descended yet.

Three hours later we get a call from the vet. They were not able to locate any testicles inside his body. No female organs either. They did find his male breeding apparatus (due to censoring I am being creative), but it wasn't barbed like a male cat's should be, but more female in appearance. This is extremely rare, I was told. They even contacted the Michigan State Veterinary College regarding Bowler.

We were told that tests at a later date could be done to determine what is going on. I did research all day to find out more, but all I could find research on cats with both male and female sex organs.

Thanks!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-10-2009   #2 (permalink)
Nia
Newborn

Nia is on a distinguished road

Very rare indeed. Ok so the way it was explained to me was that it was meant to be a twin so it produces both hormones (male and female). Basically confusing the body. Nothing that is life threatening it is just an oddity. My peanut has both (sorry to be so frank) she has her girl parts with small nuts. Vet told me that we can fix her girl parts but we may need to fix the boy part too. Sometimes One will take over in the place of the other. Lucky it didn't, we only had to fix her once. She still has lil nuts but they don't do anything.
I am sure they are going to do more testing just to learn from it. I wouldn't worry unless they say there is something to worry about. Reproductive organs are not vital to live but you may want to have them check his other stuff just to be sure there are no other deformities.
Look on the bright side, Your saved from fixing costs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-10-2009   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

DeniseLM is on a distinguished road

I wish I were saved form the fixing costs! They already had to go in (like a spay) to remove what they thought were undescended testes. I had read that they can become cancerous if not removed (no worries there, I guess). So, I now know that my little man is a gender bender, which is OK regardless of cost.

How funny that your girlie has both! As long as she is healthy and well, that's the important part. Same with Bowler. I can't wait till he comes home (another day or two, due to the internal surgery he had.
Unread 09-10-2009   #4 (permalink)
Nia
Newborn

Nia is on a distinguished road

Aw. Poor lil guy. They usually do an ultrasound to make sure where they are before they cut. My cloud's were not descending so he was a year old before he could be fixed. They waited til they dropped cause they were moving just taking their good old sweet time lol. But ya, they are both very healthy, well if you consider cloud having mood swings (might be bi polar) and peanut being a lil cave troll you don't see til after midnight, healthy lol. But i am so glad that your lil guy is healthy

Cloud was a rescue with issues within issues. Poor guy was found in a boat tarp almost dead cause it was a very hot summer. We have clues to suggest that a seagull had grabbed him and was planning on eating him. But he somehow go lose in fell in their tarp, when they went to lift the tarp they found him. They didn't know anything about kittens that lil and gave him regular milk which made him very ill. Poor thing was 2 seconds from dead when i got him. He had bad diarrhea and was throwing up, his eyes weren't even open he was so lil. Rushed him home got him cleaned up and fed, gave him a lil pepto to settle his tummy. By that night he was crawling and hungry as ever. Was even baby playing by that morning. But every time he hears a seagull he freaks out really bad. I even had one try to come in the car n take him out of my arms once, i slapped at it n shooed it away but those memories will always haunt that poor thing. That scream of theirs drives him nuts. He is better with the sound now but he still hates him, i really can't say i blame him. Now i bet he weighs 25-20 lbs lol.

Peanut was a cat we found outside that was a few months old. We were trying to catch the whole litter and mommy to be fixed, no idea where they came from they just showed up one day. I was going to finish raising her and her sister who were about 6 months old, for someone who wanted to adopt peanut. They decided they wanted younger kittens and left her with me. Which was a better choice anyway, her sister Diamonds was highly attached to me and Peanut is highly attached to Diamonds. So it worked out anyway lol. Peanut is just very strange and is a night owl lol.

Last edited by Nia; 09-10-2009 at 01:33 AM.
Unread 09-10-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

Well it makes sense that whatever can happen to the human species can also happen to the animal species. I hear about male children only having one. I wonder what percentage of male kittens have this anomoly!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!
Unread 09-10-2009   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

amandrose2009 is on a distinguished road

I had a cat that was very similur he was what is called cryptortic meaning that the testicles have not descended or would not descend. I was told to get him fixed because it could cause severe health problems and that he was more than likely sterile. He was not sterile I found that out 10 kittens later from two females that he single handedly bred but that it was genetic as well. He is on a farm and his testicles did finally descend after he reached about two. It is highly rare but it can happen.

Tags
age , animal , baby , boy , breeding , car , cat , cat's , cats , cave , children , cut , diarrhea , eating , eyes , female , fixed , found , fun , funny , girl , health , healthy , hey , home , kittens , litter , lucky , male , morning , moving , neutering , playing , problems , question , rare , rescue , scream , sex , small , spay , surgery , vet , worry

Sponsored Cat Links