It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-11-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

rocklady54 is on a distinguished road
Default having kittens

momma cat started having kittens yesterday morning. Had 4 fairly close together then the last one it took about 5 hours to come. After that I thought all was well.. Momma feeding babies and so on until tonite... about an hour or so ago she had left the babies and was laying in the kitchen on the floor. When she got up there was a pretty big blood spot on the floor and right before that I had noticed what I thought was a placenta in the birthing area with the kittens. The momma acts really lethargic but is still nursing the kittens and I do still see blood once in a while by her bottom. Now I have felt her belly and it appears that there is another kitten in there. I called the vet and he said this sometimes happens and the momma cat should be ok. Any reassurance from anyone here or does anyone else think he is just trying to not have to get up at midnight to deal with a cat??? I am about in fits here
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-11-2009   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

Angry follow up

Well took mamma to the vet today and he says he can't feel any more babies but she has an infection so he gave her a shot and medicine to bring home.. He said we can open her up BUT while she has this infection it is not a good idea unless we have to or you insist on it. GRRRRRRR!!!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-11-2009   #3 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Hi and welcome, how are the kittens doing? Poor Mamma, hope they'll all be ok. xxxxx
Unread 09-11-2009   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

Default babies and mamma

The babies all seem to be thriving pretty well actually... they are nursing and all have fat little bellies. Mamma now has started to eat a little and got out to potty soooooo am keeping fingers crossed and hoping for the best. Thanks for the good wishes... we sure appreciate it.
Unread 09-11-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

You must have had a traumatic time, but it sounds like things are improving, it's good to hear that mamma and her babies are doing well Would be great to see some pics of them if you have time!

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 09-11-2009   #6 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

Hi dear, glad the kits and Mamma seem to be doing well.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but when you said she got out to potty, do you mean she went outside? Or do you have a litter tray? xxxxx
Unread 09-11-2009   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

Default mamma and babies

Oh nooooooo..... She has a litter box.. I would not let her out at all right now.
Unread 09-11-2009   #8 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

Ooh good. I thought she'd gone out.
When my Dylan had her 4 kits she stayed in the spare room with them and didn't venture out at all.

I remember a previous member had let the mother of her only kitten out, and poor mamma was knocked over and killed.
It was so sad. xxxxx

Tags
babies , belly , box , cat , great , hey , home , infection , kitten , kittens , litter , litter box , morning , sad , vet

Sponsored Cat Links