It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-31-2014   #21 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindajoy View Post
Hello,
Are you still using the CD food for your cat? I started on the CD due to crystals about 2 weeks ago and all seems okay so far. I have 3 cats and may put them all on it as the Vet said it is okay and will be easier to manage.
Read the ingredients. This is a terrible food. I have added edits to all my posts in this thread. If your cat will eat the canned, that might not be so bad, but do not feed this dry crap to you cat.

Do not feed ANY dry crap to your cat.

Read this page written by a vet. It will help your cat immensely.

Feeding Your Cat: Know the Basics of Feline Nutrition :: healthy cat diet, making cat food, litter box, cat food, cat nutrition, cat urinary tract health

The c/d kibble ruined my cat's digestion. I took her off the food 2 1/2 years ago and it has been a long hard road since then finding foods (canned and raw only) that she can keep down. She is much improved but she will never be completely recovered from the damage this "food" did to her.

Get your cat on a low carb WET (or balanced raw) diet. No dry. Ever.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-29-2015   #22 (permalink)
Newborn

Peanuts is on a distinguished road

I loved your cat photo - such as beautiful cat you have - so lucky!

How is your cats health today?

Im always worried about my cat - she has diabetes and is eating Hills M/D WET food and fresh raw meat. We cant get Royal Canine WET food for diabetic cats here in Australia unfortunately. And Im not giving her DRY food because its bad.
Im always worried about HILLS wet food - always!

Peanuts (29.1.2015)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-29-2015   #23 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

Can you get it online? There has to be a site that delivers to Australia.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
Unread 10-02-2015   #24 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Fine
Billzbrat is on a distinguished road

To feed or not to feed - that is the question!

I will be adopting another cat ( in about a week) to be a companion for my Finnegan.
He has had crystals in his urine and they have him on Hills C/D
I currently feed Finny Royal Canin Spay and Neuter Formula -- He is a fatty.
I wanted him to lose some weight.
After reading this thread, I am not sure what to feed Finny or my New Kitty (Arthur) once he arrives.
I agree that Hills is Bad - But, upon reading the ingredients on the Royal Canin Spy and Neuter Dry - it doesn't impress me
I was always informed that the first 5 ingredients are important. Well, Here are the first 5 -- Chicken meal, corn, corn gluten meal, wheat, powdered cellulose, wheat gluten -
Before I put my kitty on this diet, I had him on Blue Buffalo Multi Cat Health. De-boned Chicken,De-boned Turkey, etc. He loved it. Why was I told it was bad for him when it has such wonderful ingredients??? Now, I'm
I want to have both cats on a "GOOD" food. Any suggestions????
Unread 10-03-2015   #25 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Feed both cats a good quality canned diet. Preferably pate foods because those are the lowest in carbohydrates. A cat with urinary tract problems needs two things, WET (or raw) food and foods low in carbs and no grains.

Feeding Your Cat: Know the Basics of Feline Nutrition :: healthy cat diet, making cat food, litter box, cat food, cat nutrition, cat urinary tract health

www.catcentric.org

please read this first
Unread 10-07-2015   #26 (permalink)
Newborn

sperahouse is on a distinguished road

Hi there! thanks very much for this information !

Thanks for you info regarding the food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 03-21-2016   #27 (permalink)
Newborn

kinhdoanh10001 is on a distinguished road

thank you for giving me the necessary information

Tags
adult , affectionate , age , beautiful , boy , care , cat , cats , clean , collar , cut , diarrhea , diet , dog , dogs , dry , dry food , eating , food , free , friendly , happy , hey , home , kitties , kitty , lost , love , mat , nutrition , overweight , pet , poop , problem , raw , royal , sick , smart , smell , stop , story , urine , vet , vomit , vomiting , weight , weird , wet food , won't eat

Sponsored Cat Links