It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-15-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

CoolKittyCat is on a distinguished road
Default Hills Prescription Diet - Stay Way!

I am posting this because I am sure you all love your cats as much as I do. This is a copy of a letter I just sent Hills in regards to their Prescription Diet food....

"I am writing this today to express my disappointment with your food. Not once, but twice have I received bad food made by your company that made my cat ill. The first time, around 18 months ago I had just bought a new bag of Dry Prescription Diet M/D Feline. Within hours eating food from this bag, my cat started to vomit and get diarrhea. After that my cat would not touch the food. This went on for a few days where he would not eat the food. Upon closer inspection of the food I noticed it had an odd smell to it. I took the bag back to my vet and they agreed something was not right with the food. They opened another bag and there was a noticeable difference in the smell. When I took this new bag home, my cat started to eat again and the vomiting stop.

The second incident just happened this week. Currently my cat now gets the wet Prescription Diet M/D Feline per my vet recommendations. Well I just bought two cases of food (24 cans per case). Soon after feeding him a can from one of these cases, he started to get sick. Vomit and diarrhea like the first time. When I tried to feed him the second can I noticed he was very hesitant and would walk away. So I took a close look at the food and sure enough it did not smell right. I start to open can after can and they all had a weird smell to them. And they were all from the same lot number.

Well I am not waiting for a third time for this to happen! How can I or anyone else in this matter trust their beloved pets with your food? After talking to my vet, we moved him to wet food by Royal Canin. Low and behold he is eating again. His vomiting has stopped and his stools are returning to normal.

So now I am out $33 for one case since the store will not take back the opened cans (I had to open can after can to find a good oneā€¦.which I did not). I spoke to someone at Hills and all they did was send me a $10 voucher which is useless since I am never buying your products again.

So bottom line, your company is not living up to its promises of providing SAFE and GOOD food to our pets. Be sure I will be posting this message on as many cat forums as I can find!"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-15-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks for posting

May 31 2014 update: I took my cat off this horrible food 2 1/2 years ago. Her digestion has been completely destroyed by this so called "food". I would not recommend anyone feed it to their cats, ever.

Last edited by acerlt; 10-03-2015 at 03:16 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-15-2009   #3 (permalink)
Cool Cat

lovemeow is on a distinguished road

Hi coolkittycat,

I am glad your cat is ok now. i am feeding my cat Hill's adult optimal care original and I have a lot of questions about its nutritional value because it seems to contain a high percentage of carbs.

please keep us posted on their response.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- my blog dedicated to our furry buddies
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~|
|~
Unread 09-15-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

I've only used Science Diet once, with my dog, never with my cats. I stopped feeding it for 2 reasons: 1. It contains a very high fat content and 2. my dog wouldn't touch it. I'm interested in seeing what sort of response you get!
Unread 09-15-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

May 31 2014 update: I took my cat off this horrible food 2 1/2 years ago. Her digestion has been completely destroyed by this so called "food". I would not recommend anyone feed it to their cats, ever.

Last edited by acerlt; 10-03-2015 at 03:16 PM.
Unread 09-15-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

I was talking about the grocery/pet store bags of Science Diet. I've tried the prescription ones with Lily (she has sensitive stomach issues) and she wouldn't touch that either!
Unread 09-15-2009   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

CoolKittyCat is on a distinguished road

Well I was on the phone today with Hills and I was not pleased on how they handled me. First off, when a customer calls with a problem you don't put them on hold for almost 10 minutes! Well long story, they are refunding me the cost of the food plus the shipping costs. So now I can wipe my hands clean of them.

The good news...my cat LOVES the Royal Canin! It is a prescription food for weight control and wet like the Hills. He has gone bonkers for it!

I loves to eat it, no more vomiting and he had a impressive poop!

The exact food my vet put him on is CALORIE CONTROL CC HIGH PROTEIN. It has about the same calories as the hill, but better ingredients. My cat had a weight problem, we got him from 23 lbs down to 15 lbs! Once he lost all that weight he re-discovered he can jump again!

Here he is as a fatty!

And now!
Unread 09-16-2009   #8 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Good for you dear, I'm so glad they are reimbursing you.

Kitty is absolutely gorjuss, what's his name? xxxxx
Unread 09-16-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Your newly slim kitty is just gorgeous, well done!
Unread 09-16-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

I'm glad they refunded you (finally!).

Your cat is beautiful, love the before and after pics! From fatty to slim & sleek! What's his name?

Tags
adult , affectionate , age , beautiful , boy , care , cat , cats , clean , collar , cut , diarrhea , diet , dog , dogs , dry , dry food , eating , food , free , friendly , happy , hey , home , kitties , kitty , lost , love , mat , nutrition , overweight , pet , poop , problem , raw , royal , sick , smart , smell , stop , story , urine , vet , vomit , vomiting , weight , weird , wet food , won't eat

Sponsored Cat Links