It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-29-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

fallenangel is on a distinguished road
Default I'm new I need help PLEASE

Hi all I'm new here!

I have a kitten who is about 4-5 months old (we got her and 3 others from someone who the mom abandoned so we're not 100% sure on age). We've had her for about 3 months I'd say. The past few days shes been kinda lethargic, she sleeps all day and doesn't play and seems to have no energy at all, and she also seems a little off balance when she walks. She still eats, drinks, and goes to the bathroom. I haven't noticed any diarhea and she seems to urinate just fine. I did notice she seems to be drinking more water than usual. She just is not herself at all lately and her fur is dull and messy because she has not been cleaning herself.

I know the correct answer is to take her to the vet and thats what I plan on doing if its something really serious. We just don't have money right now and I know you shouldn't own a pet unless you have the money to take care of them but we normally do have the money but have been slammed with vet bills lately (we do rescues and had a draft horse who choked on a weekend at night so that wasn't cheap, then we had two puppies who got parvo and were in the hospital for a week so you can imagine what that cost) so normally we do have the funds to take them right away its just been a bad month!

I appreciate any advice or insight on this. Thanks!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-30-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Hi there and welcome, I'm Heidi. I'm sorry no-one has replied to your post so far.

I'm no expert and hopefully someone who is will see this - but from my own experience with an elderly cat who was like your kitten, drinking lots and with less energy than normal - he was suffering from kidney disease.

I hear what you're saying about lack of funds, but I wouldn't take too many chances - she should be checked over by a vet.

I hope others can come and offer more advice in the meantime...

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
advice , age , bills , care , cat , cleaning , elderly , fur , kitten , money , night , pet , play , vet , vet bills , water

Sponsored Cat Links