It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-18-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

saving_smokey is on a distinguished road
Question What is wrong with Smokey??? Please PLEASE help.

My cat Smokey has serious breathing problems on a constant regular basis. He weezes, sneezes, coughs and has discharge from his nose (boogers) This has been going on now for over two and a half years! I have taken him to two different doctors, and spent thousands of dollars with no answers. Smokey has been "diagnosed" with chronic upper respritory infection. He has been given a few different types of pills on a few different occasions. Sometimes the pills would help with the symptoms a little. I dont know what to do! I cant spend anymore money at the vet for nothing. I have removed the traditional litter box from our home, and replaced it with a fancy Cat Genie (amazing flushing cat toilet) Smokey has been eating Now! and Go! the best pet food around. I have been reading on the internent about feline asthma and watched the videos. This looks like what my boy Smokey does- but Smokey also goes into sneezing rants also. (we have two other kitties in the house that have none of these symptoms at all- so I know its not contagious) Smokey is still playful and loving, with a HUGE appitite and general happy attitude, but you cant sit the same room and not hear his breathing and wheezing. Does anyone have any knowledge on cat asthma or breathing problems? Please help Smokey!! I do have puffers in the house for my daughter, and her infant mask- I wondered about giving Smokey that, but I do not know the dose to give.
I also could take some video of Smokey coughing/sneezing etc. if anyone with any cat asthma knowledge could please take a look- and give me another opinion. Right now I think that someone with a cat with asthma or other breathing issues could be more helpful than the vets I have spent so much money at and have given me know answers. Thank you for your time, Smokey and I really appriciate it alot.

Last edited by saving_smokey; 10-18-2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: forgot to add something.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-19-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

Hello to you & Smokey & welcome to the forum. I'm sorry that I can't offer any advice on cat asthma but I noticed you'd not had any replies yet & I'm hoping someone else here can help.
Helen
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
advice , amazing , asthma , box , boy , breathing , cat , eating , food , happy , home , house , infection , kitties , litter , litter box , loving , money , nose , opinion , pet , pet food , pills , problems , respritory , sneeze , traditional , vet , videos

Sponsored Cat Links