It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-24-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

podlod is on a distinguished road
Unhappy cat toilet

Hi, my male cat has 16 yrs, and is always fit and active, although he does weigh approx nearly 7 kilo. I feed him and always have on Hills Science Plan which I purchase from the Vets. He eats ok and drinks enough water and urinates regularly, but this morning I noticed in his toilet which was solid, small streaks of blood, should I worry. Thank you for any help.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-24-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Hi there - well I would certainly give the vets a call, blood in faeces should always be checked out and at 16 he's not getting any younger so should have regular check ups to ensure all is well. I hope that he is ok

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-24-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

I agree with Heidi, it's best to take him to the vet & have this checked out.
I hope he's ok.
Unread 10-25-2009   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

podlod is on a distinguished road

Hi, thank you both for your advice, but I must admit it has been the first time this has happened, but I also forgot to mention that on rare occasions he vomits water, could this be associated with the aforementioned complaint. He is still very active, and does not seem to be affected in any way, just sleeps more,... because of his age I presume? what do you think?
Unread 10-25-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I think your beloved kitty needs a trip to the vet for a complete check up. Bring a fresh stool sample with you. He should have blood work and a urinalysis done during the check up, to see how his organs are functioning.

16 is senior, sure, but not so elderly that you would automatically expect a cat to slow down.

The earlier any problems are caught, the better the chance of fixing them.

Welcome to the forum, and please keep us updated!
Unread 10-26-2009   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

Tabitha is on a distinguished road

I agree with all- I know you don't want to overreact but it sounds like a checkup would be good. Hope all goes well!
Unread 10-27-2009   #7 (permalink)
Top Cat

Lyka_01 is on a distinguished road

Blood in feces is not good...have some check up...that will help you to find out what's really going on to your cat...^_^

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
||
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."

Tags
advice , age , cat , elderly , kitty , male , morning , problems , rare , senior , small , vet , water , worry

Sponsored Cat Links