It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-28-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Clementine is on a distinguished road
Default New cat owner with some questions

Hi,
I'm new to I Love Cats and I'm also a new cat owner. I adopted my little Clementine from a family who could no longer care for her properly and I just love her to death!

It's been a challenge finding a canned food that she likes and I've finally found one that she seems to love. It's Purina Pro Plan... but I'm trying to make sure that what she eats is as healthy as I can make it within my means. I've noticed people have concerns with wheat gluten being in the ingredients. I read on the lables a few of the different varieties of the pro plan canned food I've bought her do have wheat gluten listed as about the fourth ingredient. Is Pro Plan a good food for her or should I stay away from anything that contains wheat gluten?

I'd appreciate any help at all! I'm new to owning a cat (I've always had and have a dog) and I want to make sure that I take the best care of her I can.

Thanks!!

~Clementine's Mom
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-30-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

Hello to you & Clementine!
I agree that there is a lot of confusing advice out there about cat food! Sorry, I can't advise you about wheat gluten or the brand you are using. I feed my two cats a brand of Purina pouches available in the UK called 'Felix As Good As It Looks' and they both love it. Remember that commercial cat food is specifically designed to contain all the nutrients your cat needs. You'll be able to find better quality cat foods in pet stores if you want to take a look. I feed mine Royal Canin dry food as I was concerned about the level of carbohydrates in the supermarket brands, but that is a personal choice. If you have found a food that suits both your cat and your budget and Clementine is happy & healthy I'd stick with it!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-31-2009   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

Clementine is on a distinguished road

Hello! Nice to meet you!

Thanks a lot for sending over an answer. I think you're right... I'll stick with this because it seems to be what's working... and she really does LOVE it. I had a good little chuckle at 'Felix As Good As It Looks.' That's a catchy name. Haha. Also, you brought up a good suggestion. I'll check to make sure the dry I'm giving her isn't too high in carbs.

Again, thanks for writing and nice to meet you! Send my best to Ripley and Newt.
Unread 11-02-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

I actually hope it tastes better than it looks but the cats love it!

Tags
adopted , advice , canned food , care , cat , cat food , cat needs , cats , commercial , dog , dry , dry food , family , food , found , happy , healthy , hey , love , new cat , nice , pet , question , royal

Sponsored Cat Links