It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-07-2009   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

felix is on a distinguished road
Default Maine Coon diet

We have a 6 month old Maine Coon kitten who, at the moment is on a dry diet.(Hills natures best kitten), but is showing an interest in our other cats food(felix/whiskas pouches). Ive been asking at my local vet & pet shops & have only found adult Maine Coon biscuits.
Is there a brand of wet food that she could eat, in addition to the biscuits? or can she have the same diet as the others?
Any information would be helpful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-08-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

How about Hill's or Royal Canine wet food? I give my Maine Coon girl the kitten type of Hill's and RC wet food sometimes. There are no Maine Coon wet food or kitten food as I know of. If there were, I'd buy them as well

Remember to purchase the kitten type of a high quality food. Whiskas is a poor quality food, with no nutrition.

My cat does show a great interest in wet food in general too, but give her RC Kitten dry food daily, and sometimes I give her half the amount of dry food and then some high quality wet food (Hill's/Royal Canine).
Unread 11-08-2009   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

Thanks. There is so much choice I needed advice. I wasnt aware that whiskas had no nutritional value. The other four have that twice daily with hills complete on tap. Think ill be changing their diet too.
Darcie says hi,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-09-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

What a pretty white kitty. Adorable I'd love to see the other cats as well.
Unread 11-09-2009   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

Ok then, ill introduce you to the herd,
Madison & Minstrel- feral cats, both 15

Kramer- also feral 12

Darcie-lu & her Bailey cat

and this is Darcies uncle max who I would love to keep

Last edited by felix; 11-11-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Unread 11-11-2009   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

Tabitha is on a distinguished road

Our two cats have tried a variety of foods. They were strays that were born under our porch and I *think* they are Maine Coons. At least one looks like it (Buddy). Anyway, for dry food we don't really stay on brand a lot. We like to give them different flavors and they love the chicken. They really liked the Chicken Soup food that I gave them and it's a good brand that's not expensive.

For wet food we feed them whiskas- they love the beef and gravy. We haven't had any health issues feeding them these. I can't post photos yet b/c I'm still new, but I'll post photos of Buddy and Leo on my profile page if I can figure it out
Unread 11-17-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I'm sooo late at replying this one, but oh my Gosh! What a bunch of lovely cats!

In the first picture, it looks like they're chilling and sharing a beer. So funny Kramer looks so fluffy and cute. I want to just give him a belly rub. Darcie-lu and Bailey look very elegant with their paws crossed.

Max is my favorite so far. He must be a Maine Coon? So big and beautiful

Tags
addition , adorable , adult , advice , beautiful , belly , cat , cats , cute , diet , dry , dry food , feral , food , found , fun , funny , girl , great , health , hey , kitten , kitten food , kitty , love , maine coon , nutrition , pet , photos , picture , profile , royal , strays , type , vet , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links