It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-06-2009   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

princesskittygirl3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question How early can a kitten come into season?

I think mine may already be she was born july 12th 2009 it makes her only around 5 months? I thought it was 6 months? I see some spotting around she typically lifts her back end up and holds it there when you smooth her on her back? My vet wont do her till she reaches 6 months. How long do they stay in season? how does it work? will she try to go out? will I have visting furry boyfriends serenading outside? Im not sure what to expect from cats I only know dogs. When should I get her done now?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-07-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
maggiemay is on a distinguished road

Cats can come into season as early as five months and she really REALLY needs spaying RIGHT NOW, before she gets pregnant which she will if she gets out, and even if you are very carefull she may well escape, she will also start 'calling' which is very loud and annoying, so please get your vet to fix her now before she gets pregnant, and not wait untill she is 6 months by which time it maybe too late
Former mom to: Rosie, Tigger, Samson, Smokey, Maggiemay, Tasha, Abby, Coco, SmokeyJr, Merlin, and Merlin Jr, Gracie, and Samson Jr, I left you all in Canada with the exception of Rosie and Tigger who I know are no longer with us! I hope that you are all happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-07-2009   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

Cats as young as 5 months old can get pregnant. The best way to prevent pregnancy is to spay or neuter before six months of age.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unread 12-08-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

I agree with the others here. My friend's cat Missy got pregnant and she just turned 5 months when it happened. I have pictures of her and the kittens up in some old thread.

I strongly advice you to get your cat spayed. I spayed mine at 5 months. It can be done earlier, I think they have to reach a certain weight. But don't shelters spay and neuter all kittens before giving them away? So I don't think there's any reason you should wait.
Unread 12-09-2009   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

I feel like people are having a go at me a bit here what people dont seem to realise is the vet told me he wouldnt do her before 6 months!!!! I asked 2 weeks ago!! they said 6 months its not my fault if she comes in before?? As far as I knew being a first time cat mom I though they came in at 6 months ish. I have been the best fur mom she has had ive done my very best for her ok im sorry if its not good enough Im not pyschic I cant tell when a kitten will come in nobody would do her before 6 months !! she happened to come in at 5 months .

So For peoples infomation im having her done next wed early even though she is in season has been for a week now didnt know for sure until the carpet has blood spots on it. im upset I dont know im supposed to clean that its cream and a rented house. Im upset that people would think I would spay her as fast as possible and thnk I allowed her to come in season.

The way I feel right now I dont feel like coming back here.
Unread 12-09-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I did not mean to criiticize you. It's not your fault. It's your vet's fault. I'm sorry if I sounded like I meant to criticize you. I just wanted you to be aware that your cat can become pregnant. But if you keep her inside and away from tomcats, everything will be fine and you can have her spayed at 6 months.

You're not in control of when your cat comes into heat. Please don't leave the forum
Unread 12-10-2009   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

Its just the way everyone said it I do my best and im actually nervous because I dont know what to do with a cat in season im counting the days until wednesday .

will she start calling before then? will I get some kitty casanovas by then? 2 miles away my moms beautiful ginger tom Theo resides in his house with my mom. I wonder if he will smell her out I go up to my moms every day I adore Theo hes such a garfield . I wouldnt want him to be a dad lol. xx Will Theo try it on on me? I know dogs can get frisky if they smell a bitch on you that has been in heat.
Unread 12-10-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Yes, cats are like that too. They attract male cats when they are in heat. Keep her far away from all male cats. Just let her stay inside at your home and don't take her with you or let her outside.

I understand you're nervous. I would be too. Also make sure you close all exits, like windows. Because when they're in heat, they're rather desperate for a hot date

At least you will get her spayed soon. So the wait is not too long until you can relax
Unread 12-10-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
maggiemay is on a distinguished road

Sorry, Princesskittygirl3, I didn't mean to make you feel bad or guilty, I was just surprised that your vet said that he/she wouldn't spay her until she was six months. Obviously you can't control when your kitty comes into heat, regarding the blood stains on the carpet, some milk should get them out, just gently rub it with a cloth soaked in milk and it should come out. I am glad your vet has decided to spay her earlier than six months!
Former mom to: Rosie, Tigger, Samson, Smokey, Maggiemay, Tasha, Abby, Coco, SmokeyJr, Merlin, and Merlin Jr, Gracie, and Samson Jr, I left you all in Canada with the exception of Rosie and Tigger who I know are no longer with us! I hope that you are all happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me!
Unread 12-11-2009   #10 (permalink)
Kitten

I know I cant wait!!! It wil be so much better for her. Hope she wont hate me for bringing her in and leaving her in a strange place etc...

Tags
advice , age , art , baby , beautiful , carpet , cat , cats , clean , dogs , fast , food , fur , heat , hey , home , house , in heat , infection , kitten , kittens , kitty , male , nervous , neuter , pictures , pregnancy , pregnant , shelters , smart , spay , spayed , stains , stitches , upset , vet , weight

Sponsored Cat Links