It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-15-2009   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

princesskittygirl3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chloe went in to be spayed today instead.

I took her in this morning, she howled on the way down there and on the 5 minute bus ride, people were giving me funny looks for it

I feel horrible and worried I hope she is ok have to collect her at 4pm she weighs around 2kg ish Is that normal for a kitten thats nearly 6 months?.

The vet gave me this 3 month working tablet for her Im meant to cut in half and give it to her any tips on how to do it? ive not done it to a cat before only a dog.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-15-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

I'd just place the tablet inside her mouth where she'd swallow it automatically. It's hard making them try to eat something they don't like, even if you put it in their favorite food (they tend to eat around it).

I think you just have a tiny cat, assuming she eats well and is playful. I've got a friend who has a tiny cat. She's healthy, just really small.
Unread 12-15-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

When Darby was on his anti inflammatorys for his knee I purchased Pill Pockets from the vet. You can buy them in the store as well and if your doing a three month pill thing then you may want to purchase the package which has about 45 in it. You slide the pill inside the pocket and they just eat it. Any left overs you can feed them like treats. I think there is two flavors. Chicken and Liver. Zipper was a small kitten as well but once Maddie passed away she started eating more and now she is overweight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-15-2009   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

Question

Did I do the right thing?

When I got chloe home I shut her in the kitchen as its the only place that has no loose wires and no places to jump around and on to things unless he can get up onto the counter? and its Lino flooring but a bit cold.

I put all her toys in there her scratch post cuddlys/stuffed anmals food litter tray.

I left her some treats and her wet food in her bowl im worried she cant get to the bowl with her cone on? I cant take it off as I wouldnt know how to put it on again is she supposed to wear it constantly until thursday for her check up? she wont have the stitches out for 10 days does she need to keep it on 24hrs for the next 10 days? will she be ok down there unsupervised? I cant watch her at night I hope she doesnt get the cone off and rip her stiches.

when I went in there to cook some mac and cheese she kept beng glued to my ankles. shes quite subdued still .im worried she might not like being in there alone for another 10 days?shes used to the run of the house now will she start crying at night? It will really get to me as I like my sleep. and cant have her yelling all night for the next 10 days.

her usual sleep spot is the landing upstairs? she goes down the stairs to do her buisness and play in the living room

what do you think?
Unread 12-15-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I'd strongly advice you to keep the cone on or put on a little sweater to cover the stitches. If she licks them (and she will as a cat always cleans itself) it may cause an infection.

I don't think it would be a problem for her to wander around your house, just make sure she doesn't get out. They heal pretty fast and my cat ran around again after two days. All the best!
Unread 12-15-2009   #6 (permalink)
Kitten

Yeah I felt too awful so I rearranged everything as it was and left her to roam the house, she doesnt know what to make of the cone but I know and I will leave it on her but im still wondering if she needs to wear it for the next 10 days?
Unread 12-15-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Unless you find some other way to prevent her from getting anywhere near the stitches and the wound, I'd recommend you keeping the cone on her for 10 days.

My vet made me choose between a cone and a body, I chose the body because I figured maybe it'd be more comfortable in a way. Regardless, she managed to halfway escape it like 3 times or something.

If you have a baby sweater or something, it might work (instead of a cone). My kitty's body suit thing looked like this on her:

She surely didn't like it, but it was worth it and she got away with no infections. I'm sure cats forgive things like these easily. It's just 10 days and you'll probably and hopefully have her for many many years
The Following User Says Thank You to KatrineA For This Useful Post:
Unread 12-15-2009   #8 (permalink)
Kitten

ARGHHHH I could cry!! she has learned how to get it off and now will NOT have it on no matter what now. stupid stupid cat.

She keeps taking it off the minute re put it on I cant go back and forth with her all night!! im so frggin cross about it she will not stop licking the area once she gets the cone off.!!!!

I have no sweater or any clothes i can put on her that will fit. I live in the middle of NOTHING and NOWHERE so no baby shops.

I have chihahaua clothes but it wont stretch over her body she s too big for minnies clothes.

I thought about scouring the charity shops tommorow to look for a big mans sock that I can make 2 holes in? will she be ok for the night?

I looked just now and she was more interested in the xmas tree again.

im at my wits end with this dumb cat!!!!

Last edited by princesskittygirl3; 12-15-2009 at 05:36 PM.
Unread 12-15-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I suppose we'll just hope for the best then, because your cat will definitely lick herself during the night. They clean themselves all the time.

Your idea sounds interesting, better show us with pictures what you mean. It might work!
Unread 12-15-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

Ripley had a cone, once she worked out how to get it off there was no way it was staying on. I'm sure she'll be fine until tomorrow when you can get something else. Ripley was terrible for pulling at her stitches, we couldn't watch her 24/7 and everything was ok.
At least she seems to be recovering well if that's any consolation.
Katrine, I loved the photo of Anastasia in her body suit, what a cutie!

Tags
advice , art , baby , cat , cats , clean , cold , collar , crying , cut , dog , eating , fast , food , fun , funny , healthy , hey , home , house , infection , interesting , kitten , kitty , litter , mat , morning , night , overweight , pill , play , problem , scratch , sleep , small , spayed , stitches , tips , toys , vet , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links