It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-01-2010   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

automaton2 is on a distinguished road
Default pancreatitis

could people whose cats have this diagnosis
please tell me from their experience
how to deal with this
HELP
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-24-2011   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

Remy32 is on a distinguished road

Hello Automatron2
My cat was diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis in September. After two bouts of this, one month apart, with pain, throwing up, and just misery for my little boy, i started doing my research. Many cats benefit from a low fat diet, fed in small meals of 4 or more throughout the day. Low stress and lots of playtime if he's up for it help. Playing and activity help cats digest food.

My cat is now on a low fat diet of Innuvo low fat canned and dry food. He takes two herbal supplements with food a day. Azmira's Digest Zymez, which helps him digest food and keeps his pancreas from overtaxing, i split the pill in his two wet food feedings, once in the morning, once at night. he also takes one pill in his nightly feeding of Gentle Digest by Ark, with prebiotics and probiotics to help him if his pancreatitis is caused by irritable bowel syndrome.

Oh I hope I'm not too late to tell you that my little boy is doing great. He's had no recurrence, and i'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is working. Not treats unless they are max fat of 6% or less, as treats seems to be cats worst enemies. They are so high in fat, that too many of them can cause Irritable bowel syndrome and pancreatitis.

I hope this helps you. Good luck. I know what you are going through. you are not alone, and neither is your beautiful cat.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to Remy32 For This Useful Post:
Unread 01-27-2011   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

automaton2 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation thank you

thanks for your reply
when Cupido got sick at just under a year I tried every food in the cat store
he only wants the junk food friskies
he is on whole life devour as an appetite stimulant and 1/8th a tab of ciproheptadine and pepcid ac every other day along with forti flora daily
thanks so much for taking the time to reply

Whole Life deVour Food Topper for Dogs and Cats a probiotic forti flora
Purina FELINE FortiFlora - 30/Pack: Compare Prices, View Price History and Read Reviews at NexTag
The Following User Says Thank You to automaton2 For This Useful Post:

Tags
beautiful , bowel , boy , cat , cats , diet , dogs , dry , dry food , food , great , hey , morning , night , nutrition , pill , play , playing , search , sick , small , stress , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links