It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-26-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

MEOWx2 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Cat Throwing up after eating? HELP.

Hello Forum; My name is Morgan. & This is my first time here. :]
i have 2 cats; Junior & Puff.
I need help please...

On Feb. 18th my cat threw up after eating one night & what we thought looked like noodles were in his throw up. when we went to clean it up, i looked real close & realized they were moving. So i got my bleach & sprayed it all over them till they were dead.

that night i hurried to walmart [at 11 at night] to get worm medicaine so i could treat them. So i came back to the house & mixed it into some wet food & he ate it with no problem. [i also have another cat that i treated as well to be on the safe side.] I also dumped their litter boxes & bleached them as well so i could start checking for worms in their stool.

Also, the medicaine says to treat them in 10 days which would be the 28th.

Well i woke up this morning, fed the cats wet food like normal, & about a hour later i walk by the 'cat room' & there is throw up. i checked the throw up, NO worms. About 3-4 hours later i heard them in the 'cat room' chowing down on some dry food. & again about a hour later i walk into the cat room & there is throw up again on the floor. so again i checked it, & that time i found a shriveled, dried up, dead worm.

So my Husband gets home let him know about it & he thinks maybe it's the medicaine killing the worms & he is throwing them up instead of pooping them out.

So about 30-45 min ago i heard them in there chowing down again & about 5 min ago i could hear him in there throwing up the food.

I'm not sure what to do. i don't have a vet here.
but i'm sure i can call one but not till monday i'm sure.

Should i wait & see tomorrow morning if he keeps his food down? or be worried? or is it just from the medicaine? Also, should i still treat him on the 28th?

I'm so lost.

thank you in advance.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-26-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

To be on the safe side I would definitely get hold of a vet. It may be as simple as the medicine, a reaction to the food or something really serious. It dosn't take long for a sick cat to really go downhill fast. I know around here the vet's work on Saturday and then there is always someone on call. I wouldn't take the chance and wait til Monday. I think you'd feel a lot better if you had someone give the cat a check up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-26-2010   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Fine
happyhippie is on a distinguished road
Post Cat Throwing up after eating

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEOWx2 View Post
Hello Forum; My name is Morgan. & This is my first time here. :]
i have 2 cats; Junior & Puff.
I need help please...

On Feb. 18th my cat threw up after eating one night & what we thought looked like noodles were in his throw up. when we went to clean it up, i looked real close & realized they were moving. So i got my bleach & sprayed it all over them till they were dead.

that night i hurried to walmart [at 11 at night] to get worm medicaine so i could treat them. So i came back to the house & mixed it into some wet food & he ate it with no problem. [i also have another cat that i treated as well to be on the safe side.] I also dumped their litter boxes & bleached them as well so i could start checking for worms in their stool.

Also, the medicaine says to treat them in 10 days which would be the 28th.

Well i woke up this morning, fed the cats wet food like normal, & about a hour later i walk by the 'cat room' & there is throw up. i checked the throw up, NO worms. About 3-4 hours later i heard them in the 'cat room' chowing down on some dry food. & again about a hour later i walk into the cat room & there is throw up again on the floor. so again i checked it, & that time i found a shriveled, dried up, dead worm.

So my Husband gets home let him know about it & he thinks maybe it's the medicaine killing the worms & he is throwing them up instead of pooping them out.

So about 30-45 min ago i heard them in there chowing down again & about 5 min ago i could hear him in there throwing up the food.

I'm not sure what to do. i don't have a vet here.
but i'm sure i can call one but not till monday i'm sure.

Should i wait & see tomorrow morning if he keeps his food down? or be worried? or is it just from the medicaine? Also, should i still treat him on the 28th?

I'm so lost.

thank you in advance.
Hello meowx2 and welcome aboard

you need to take your kitty to the vet for a check up dose your kitty drink and hold down water?? now long has your kitty mend eating that type of food?? do he hold down wet food??? Please let us know how your kitty doing.

Happy Hippie =^..^=
Unread 02-27-2010   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

MEOWx2 is on a distinguished road

well both of my cats were outside cats for about 4-5 months. & they were not eating wet food, just dry food.

Now they are back inside. they are on Meow Mix Wet food & Meow Mix indoor formula dry food.

[before they went outside they ate meow mix wet food & whatever dry food was on sale.]

My husband thought it might be where we changed his food after him being on different food for 4-5 months.

after looking it up i think it's tapeworms.
they looked a lot like the tapeworms pictured on this site.
look up okawvetclinic . com

[sorry; had to break the link so could post it.]

& i think it's from him being outside for that 4-5 months & killing all the mice & bugs.

How serious are tapeworms?
Unread 02-27-2010   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

Instead of any nutrients going to support your cats system it will be consumed by the tapeworm and the worm will continue to grow. Humans can also get the tapeworm and I've seen how big they can get. Just take the cat to vet and don't try to diagnose and treat yourself. He probably dosn't feel very comfortable either.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!

Tags
another cat , cat , cats , changed , clean , dry , dry food , eating , fast , food , found , hey , home , house , indoor , kitty , litter , litter boxes , lost , meow , morning , moving , night , not eating , problem , sale , sick , type , vet , water , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links