It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-27-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

straygirl is on a distinguished road
Default Can someone recommend a food?

I was feeding both cats (age 2 and age 9 months) Eagle Pack Hairball Relief Formula and they were doing great on it but the place I was getting it stopped carrying it. They started carrying Precise instead so I switched to Precise Plus Hairball formula and it has not worked out at all.

They both have gas all the time and they both STINK! Plus they both have long hair and, even though they are brushed daily, they occasionally have trouble with hairballs and they did much better on the Eagle Pack than Precise.

So, any suggestions for something that is similar to Eagle Pack? There is one other place in town that carries it but I really don't want to have to go all the way to the other side of town if I don't have to.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-27-2010   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

cosmi is on a distinguished road

Hey straygirl,

sorry, I can't really recommend a food. But can't you order Eagle Pack on the internet? Changing the food brand often causes problems. You should change the food slowly and start with mixing the two brands to make it easier for your cat to get used to it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-27-2010   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

I guess I could but I'd rather just switch to a new food that the nearby pet store carries. I want to be able to pick up food whenever we need it instead of having to make sure I have enough on hand so that we don't run out while waiting for more to come in the mail. And as long as they are switched over gradually I'm sure it won't be a problem.
Unread 02-28-2010   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

buzybhd is on a distinguished road

Wellness wet or dry or both, it is to be said the best cat food out there, it doesnt have a bad smell cats love it and i swear their coats are shinnier and i there eyes are brighter, its a little pricey but they don't need to eat as much because it does not have all the fillers as the less expensive brands, let me know if you try it..
Unread 02-28-2010   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Busy
carrie is on a distinguished road

I must agree, Wellness might be the way to go. I've been on a decent "pet store" quality food for years, but after much research we decided to go the holistic route. Should have done it sooner!

I asked for help at the pet store, and was taken right to Wellness. Our cats are long haired as well. We've been dealing with hairballs and vomit for ages. I always thought it was just from all the hair, but now I'm not so sure. The Indoor formula is in a yellow bag and should help with that, I was told.

We just started the switch yesterday, giving the cats a big bowl of the old stuff with 1/4 cup of the Wellness sprinkled on top. My husband told me he couldn't believe how long they stayed eating. They must love the taste.

It's readily available, too.
~Carrie~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 03-01-2010   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

I know they carry Wellness where I usually go. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
Unread 04-07-2010   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

meowsers is on a distinguished road
Default food

I am new to this but I have 2 long haired cats and have had terrible hairball problems. We use Natural Balance and have done great on it. (It also doesn't seem give gas) Good luck and unless your cat has an allergy, you shouldn't have any problem switching foods over as long as you do it slowly and a little at a time.
Unread 06-23-2010   #8 (permalink)
Newborn

has4344 is on a distinguished road
Default Natural Balance

We switched from Science Diet to Natural Balance canned and dry food.
She loves both of them and I only had to mix the old food with the new one
twice before going 100% to NB.

Her coat is smoother and her muscles are stronger with good energy.

Tags
age , allergy , art , cat , cat food , cats , diet , dry , dry food , eating , eyes , food , great , hey , indoor , internet , love , natural , new to this , pet , problem , problems , smell , suggestions , vomit

Sponsored Cat Links