It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-12-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Alicia is on a distinguished road
Default Swollen Cheek

On Wednesday evening I came home and my 1 year old neutered male cat, Pebbles had a slightly swollen cheek. I think he might have got it from fighting. There was no blood or anything so for the time being I left it. On Thursday morning the swelling had gone down quite a bit and since then it has been going down. Today it seems to have completley gone but he won't fully open one of his eyes. This evening I dabbed the cheek in salt water and it still feels quite hard. What is this? Help as soon as possible please I hope to take him to the vet tommorow if I can get an appointment but I'd just like to know if anyone has any advice first. Thank you
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-13-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

Do you think it could have been an insect sting or bite rather than a fight?
You're right in taking him to the vet as soon as possible. I hope Pebbles is ok. Sorry I can't offer more advice, please let us know how he is.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
advice , bite , cat , eyes , fight , fighting , home , male , morning , vet , water

Sponsored Cat Links