It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-18-2010   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Angelic
Artemis Moonsong is on a distinguished road
Default How to feed one hefty cat and one skinny cat

Hi all,

I have an issue with my two cats, Bastet and Nefrit. Bastet [aged 8] weighs 9 lbs and Nefrit [aged 5] weighs 17 lbs.

I used to feed Castor and Pollux Natural ULTRAMIX Indoor, but recently I have switched to Wellness.

The reason I switched is because I noticed Bastet was losing a bit of weight. I knew Wellness was considered THE BRAND, so I bought some Wellness Complete Health dry food and also four packets of Wellness Healthy Indulgences wet food.

At first they loved the dry food. They both gobbled it up.

Now we are back to where we started. Nefrit eats and eats and eats, while Bastet picks daintily at her food then trots off after ten pieces of kibble.

Now my concern is that Bastet seems hooked on the wet food and won't eat the dry food. She came up to me and meowed and licked her lips. When I showed her the dry food (it stays in their bowls all day), she was not interested.

If anyone has a routine to suggest, it would be most welcome. Today I fed Nefrit a teaspoon of wet food and Bastet a whole bunch, but I separated them so Bastet can eat in peace. Otherwise, Nefrit will finish first and just stare at her while she eats, then lick her bowl after she finished. For the first time in awhile, Bastet finished all her wet food, which was nice.

I would love to know how much dry food to feed and how much wet food. The packaging gives ridiculous measurements; five ounces of wet food AT THE MINIMUM, when the pouches come in 3 oz bags. That is ridiculous! There is no way Bastet would eat an entire bag, let alone a bag and a half. She ate a heaping tablespoon today at noon and it took until now (9:30pm) for her to be hungry again.

Help, help, help, please. I don't want Nefrit to get diabetes, yet I don't want Bastet to waste away to nothing. I can feel her backbone and pointy hip bones, whereas Nefrit is just becoming a rolly polly.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, aka "The Nefrinator"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
cat , cats , diabetes , dry , dry food , food , health , healthy , hey , indoor , natural , nice , weight , wet food , won't eat

Sponsored Cat Links