It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-15-2010   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

orangy is on a distinguished road
Default Mange?

It's possible that my cat have mange,it has not been diagnosed yet,but hair loss (bald spots)may be to my guess a mange,if anyone of the readers had cat with this condition,what was the treatment,and or outcome?.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-16-2010   #2 (permalink)
dak
Newborn

dak is on a distinguished road

I had a cat who i thought had mange- it was ringworm- i don't know how he got it because he is strictly indoors. the vet shaved him & the treatment was well worth it as he is happy & healthy now.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-16-2010   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

Default Thanks for fast reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak View Post
I had a cat who i thought had mange- it was ringworm- i don't know how he got it because he is strictly indoors. the vet shaved him & the treatment was well worth it as he is happy & healthy now.
Thanks for your fast reply.I'll appreciate a detailed explanation about:1) How it looks different from Mange/,2) how the vet diagnosed it(what he 've done,what exams,how?),and 3) what was the treatment?(and how much it cost?,also if possible4) what was the reason(if being explainesd) for the ringworms?.
Thanks a lot, in advance.
Unread 06-16-2010   #4 (permalink)
dak
Newborn

dak is on a distinguished road

My cat had some hair loss & wasn't eating well.the vet just looked at him & said ringworm. i'm sure the vet took skin scrapings & did other tests. the vaet kept him for a couple days, shaved him from head to tail, & gave me topical ointment & antibiotics for the cat. i medicated him daily (i think for about a week). the vet charged me about $400- but he charges me that for everything i go in for.the cat is indoor only & i never had ringworm so i have no idea how he got it. outdoor animals are prone to all kinds of parasites but my cats live indoor only.
Unread 06-18-2010   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak View Post
My cat had some hair loss & wasn't eating well.the vet just looked at him & said ringworm. i'm sure the vet took skin scrapings & did other tests. the vaet kept him for a couple days, shaved him from head to tail, & gave me topical ointment & antibiotics for the cat. i medicated him daily (i think for about a week). the vet charged me about $400- but he charges me that for everything i go in for.the cat is indoor only & i never had ringworm so i have no idea how he got it. outdoor animals are prone to all kinds of parasites but my cats live indoor only.
Thanks for reply,Lucky you,you had the money to pay,and the cat got well,that's what's very important.
Unread 06-18-2010   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Happy
pinkcar36 is on a distinguished road

hello orangy. we thought our cat had mange also cause she had scabs and was pulling her hair out! so we took her to the vet to check her out and come to find out she has a bad alergie to fleas... so now we have to give her some antibotics ( just started it today) and use a flea conrol item on the back of their neck.

dont know if i am allowed to name to product or not. btw it cost us about 150.00 to the exam and the medicine

Last edited by pinkcar36; 06-18-2010 at 08:42 AM. Reason: forgot some more information
Unread 06-19-2010   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

Default Thanks for fast reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcar36 View Post
hello orangy. we thought our cat had mange also cause she had scabs and was pulling her hair out! so we took her to the vet to check her out and come to find out she has a bad alergie to fleas... so now we have to give her some antibotics ( just started it today) and use a flea conrol item on the back of their neck.

dont know if i am allowed to name to product or not. btw it cost us about 150.00 to the exam and the medicine
Thanks for your fast reply ,My financial situation unfortunatelly doesn't allow me to spend ,what I don't have,Honest!.

Tags
antibiotics , cat , cats , eating , fast , fleas , hair loss , happy , healthy , indoor , loss , lucky , money , outdoor , ringworm , vet

Sponsored Cat Links