It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-30-2010   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Zipfelmuetze is on a distinguished road
Default Banfield

Have any of you used the Banfield $200. annual check up? I'd like to know pros and cons of going to Banfield in PetSmart.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-30-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I have not used Banfield (no Petsmart here, but wouldn't anyway) but have heard many conflicting stories from wonderful to horrible.

The main drawback that I would think would be you never know what vet you are going to see at any given appointment. I would have a real problem with that.

I have also heard, though I do not know if it is true, and if it is true may vary from store to store, that the human is left in the waiting room and the pet is taken in the back for the "check up" and vaccinations. I would NEVER allow that.

And $200 for a check up? That sounds pretty steep. What do you get with that?

Tolly had a check up in July that, without the labwork, was $49. $35 for the office visit/check up (my vet is very thorough) and $14 for the Pure Vax rabies vaccine.

If you do use them, please do report back to us on your experience.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-31-2010   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipfelmuetze View Post
Have any of you used the Banfield $200. annual check up? I'd like to know pros and cons of going to Banfield in PetSmart.
When I posted my reply above, I did not realize that $200 includes the neuter.(I saw you mention that in another thread) That makes the fee more reasonable, though still pretty high compared to vet fees where I live.

I don't know though.....I think it's important for your cat's health and well-being to have an on going relationship with the same vet. Find a vet you like and stick with her or him.

Illnesses and emergencies do happen so you want to start putting a little money away every day toward that chance. There is nothing more heart rending than to have a sick suffering cat and not be able to get him the treatment he needs. It is very important that you have money reserved for his health care, or get a Care Credit card that is specifically for vet bills.

There is also pet insurance, but I don't use it so cannot advise much on it.
Unread 08-03-2010   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Chatty
courtney&griffin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to courtney&griffin Send a message via twitter to courtney&griffin

I have a wellness plan for my cat through Banfield & I personally love it. It was a $130.00 start up fee and $25.00 a month. It includes all shots, fecal exams, FeLuk testing, his neuter, ect. All I had to pay out of pocked was the cost of medication, which with the plan is 10% off. They do not take my cat away from me for his check ups. I'm seated in a room just like at a regular doctors office and I hold him while he's checked out, given his shots, ect. There are two vets at the office that I visit, and it's true, you never know which one you'll get. BUT! I love both of his vets. They're so nice & caring and my cat actually likes them (he doesn't like anyone but me usually). I'd say, go meet the vets first. If you like them, go for it. If not, try somewhere else.

"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns
something he can learn in no other way."
- Mark Twain
The Following User Says Thank You to courtney&griffin For This Useful Post:
Unread 08-05-2010   #5 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Relaxed
Val_Kitten is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Val_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Val_Kitten Send a message via twitter to Val_Kitten

I'm a groomer at Petsmart and, while not all are bad, our Banfield is horrible! Our doctor over chargers for one thing, but then he muzzled a bulldog (a breathing challenged breed that shouldn't be muzzled) clipped his nails and put him in a kennel with the muzzle still on. The dog died. He's killed other pets too. But I'm sure even some independent vets can be bad too. Good luck finding a humane one!
The Following User Says Thank You to Val_Kitten For This Useful Post:
Unread 08-08-2010   #6 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

OMG!!! What can be done to get rid of that horrible vet?????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
Unread 08-09-2010   #7 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Relaxed
Val_Kitten is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Val_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Val_Kitten Send a message via twitter to Val_Kitten

I asked and the other groomers told me that Banfield can't let him go because he bought this location. I still don't understand why they can't kick him to the curb but there's nothing I can do

Tags
art , bills , breathing , breed , care , cat , cat's , free , health , hey , kennel , love , money , nails , neuter , nice , petsmart , problem , rabies , sick , smart , stories , vaccine , vet , vet bills

Sponsored Cat Links