It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-27-2010   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

nastursim is on a distinguished road
Default fussy eaters

I have 3 cats who are 18 months old who have been brought up on whiskas dry and tinned food. Two of them are on the larger side while the other is a little skinny and was the runt of the litter. Girlie Girl, the runt has always been fussy but would eat certain whiskas wet food, but suddenly started to refuse any so I tried her on some of the roo meat and she loved it for 2 weeks. Because she was getting this, the other 2 started turning their noses up at tin food and I would be throwing it out, so I switched them all to the roo meat along with the whiskas dry, which has been fine, but now only Fluffybum, the largest is eating a small amount of it. I have tried all different types of tin, tried the VIP fussy cat range, but the 2 girls are refusing any wet food, except 1 night I was naughty and gave them tuna in springwater which they inhaled. I have tried cat tuna, but they will not eat it. I am at my wits end, especially with Girlie Girl because she is so small, not so much Dora as she has extra weight. I leave the dry food out at day for them to graze, is this my mistake??? The girls will eat dry but I did not think dry alone was good for them. How can I get these cats to not pick and choose and eat what they are given?? Also, I was told by the vet to give them chicken necks for their teeth but they will not even eat them. What am I doing wrong? I am spending a fortune on these fussy cats!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-29-2010   #2 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

Hi. I don't know what roo meat is; I never heard of it. I fee my kitties Blue Buffalo canned food and Blue Buffalo dry. It is true that they should get mostly wet food because otherwise they can get bad bladder and kidney infections and get kidney failure. Any kind of cat food that has meat by-products is really bad for them, and all the cat food you buy in supermarkets has by-products. I don't know if you have Petco or Petsmart where you live, but go to a store that specializes in pet products and look for good ones like Blue Buffalo, Innova, Evo, and Wellness. Buy only one can at a time so you are not wasting your money and try putting less dry food out for them to fill up on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
bladder , canned food , cat , cat food , cats , dry , dry food , eating , food , hey , kitties , litter , mistake , money , night , petsmart , runt , small , smart , vet , weight , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links