It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-27-2010   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Zipfelmuetze is on a distinguished road
Default Fish Flakes

I was wondering if I could feed my cat the extra fish food that i have left.
I think it could potentially make a nice treat, but I'm not sure if the ingredients of the Tropical Fish Flakes are good for the kitty.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-28-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Apparently many cats go bonkers over those fish flakes. Bonita fish flakes, right? In small amounts it should be okay, you know one or two flakes a day as a treat.

I don't serve fish anything to my cats, Mazy can't have fish, but loves it, so it isn't fair to her to serve it to the others.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-28-2010   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

The brand is actually called Aqueon, it's specifically fish food for Tropical type fish. My guess would be that since the fish can eat it, it won't harm the cat, but ya never know right?
Unread 08-28-2010   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipfelmuetze View Post
The brand is actually called Aqueon, it's specifically fish food for Tropical type fish. My guess would be that since the fish can eat it, it won't harm the cat, but ya never know right?
OH! Oh no, don't give the fish food to the cats. It's not meant for cats. If you don't have fish anymore, throw the fish food away, so they won't get into it.
Unread 08-28-2010   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

Ah ok, that's what I thought.
Unread 08-29-2010   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

DweamGoiL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DweamGoiL

I can't see how this would be a good idea. Fish should not be indiscriminately fed to cats to begin with, not to mention the fish flakes would have ingredients specific for tropical fish not cats. I would stick with treats specifically made for cats. Unless you are willing to do a lot of research, you may not be currently familiar with all the ingredients listed in the fish food and some may actually be harmful to your cat.

Just my two cents.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
cat , cats , fish , fish food , food , hey , kitty , nice , small , type

Sponsored Cat Links