It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-13-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Confused
[zin] is on a distinguished road
Default Cat hair loss and dots on skin

Hi everyone. I'm new member. It's so great that I found out this site My cat is 10-month-old, indoor cat and has hair loss on his ears and his leg. The first time I saw those hair loss was about two months ago. I took him to vet and they said that my cat was allergic to his flea collar. I've used Gentridecme (Betamethason dipropionat 0.64 mg, clotrimazol 10 mg, gentamicin sulfat 1 mg...) and the hair loss on his leg has gradually healed but his ears isn't good.

I also found some red dots in his right pinna and near his right eye. He also got some black dots on his muzzle and his chin. These dots seem to be well treated with Gentridecme but I often find a new dot. I worry most about hair loss on his ears.

I hope someone can help me. Which disease that my cat caught? It's not only allergic to flea collar. Thanks for reading
ps:sorry if my English's not good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image_01336.jpg (81.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Image_01343.jpg (32.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Image_01345.jpg (43.4 KB, 6 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-15-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

I have something similar with my cat Sasha at the moment, she had two sore spots either side of her head above the eyes. I took her to the vets and they said it could be an allergy, they can form an allergy to anything, even their food that they have been having regularly for some time. After treatment one side has healed up completely but I'm still waiting to see if the other side heals up too or if I have to take her back. The vet said she may need blood tests to determine what the allergy might be.
Also, allergies can be seasonal, so things might clear up on their own - but you may need to take him back to the vets, as you say it must be something other than the flea collar that had caused this.
Your cat is very beautiful by the way

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to supersmithy For This Useful Post:
Unread 10-18-2010   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

Thanks supersmithy a lot I'll take him to the vet again for the blood tests. The last time we visited the vet, he said that my cat had ringworm, but I wonder how he caught it because I bathe my Sono pretty often
Unread 10-18-2010   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

You know, cats do not need bathing really, at least not regularly - they have their own inbuilt cleaning system with their rough tongues, that's why they spend so long grooming themselves. Perhaps giving the baths a break may make some difference, might be worth a try?

As I understand it, ringworm is very contagious and animals can catch it from almost anywhere or thing that has the infection on it, although he is an indoor cat things can be brought in from the outside, so it wouldn't necessarily be your fault.

I think I may need to take Sasha back to the vet after all, she still has a bit of a sore patch

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 10-26-2010   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

Ringworm can be easily passed from cat to human, but my whole family haven't caught it yet. Sono often sleeps with me everyday Anyway, hair has start to grow on his left ear. The other parts are still losing hair. So cofused @@
Btw, hope Sasha will get better soon

Tags
allergic , allergies , allergy , art , beautiful , black , cat , cats , cleaning , collar , eye , eyes , family , food , found , fur , great , grooming , hair loss , hey , indoor , infection , loss , new member , ringworm , vet , worry

Sponsored Cat Links