It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-02-2010   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Default Queen Eva needs your vibes

She's gone weak in her hindquarters somehow. Doesn't want to stand up. No apparent pain. Started last night. Taking her in right now. Vibes and prayers please.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-02-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

I'll definitely be keeping her in my thoughts.. This sounds too much like what just happened to Ozzie.. Please keep updated (I know you will, I just had to say it anyway)..
The Following User Says Thank You to AK49BWL For This Useful Post:
Unread 11-02-2010   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Oh no Gail, not Queen Eva . I am sending you all my prayers and vibes that your little girl is going to be ok. Keep us posted xxx

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to supersmithy For This Useful Post:
Unread 11-02-2010   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thanks Brandon and Heidi. My gosh I felt sick I was so worried. It seems she has bruised her back, vet thinks she must have fallen on it. She has a very tender area right at the middle of her spine. No swelling vet could find, but Queen Eva winced quite a bit when pressure was put on that area.

I'm to encourage her to rest, and I have pain medication for her if I think she needs it.

Vet wondered if one of the other cats could have bitten her and I didn't think it likely but I am to watch for any swelling that would indicate an abscess forming.

Probably I could have waited a few more days and she would have been okay, but I am not one to wait and see on something if I don't know what it is. I feel much better having had her seen by the vet.

She's so clumsy I am not surprised really that this has happened. I've set up a litter box for her in the bathroom so she doesn't have to do the stairs, for tonight and tomorrow at least. Much to Mazy's dismay.

Incidentally her adult teeth are coming in so vet thinks she is older than originally thought. She's placed her at five months instead of 4 1/2 months now. She's still tiny though, only weighs 4.6 pounds.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 11-02-2010   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Phew, that's a relief Gail, I was a bit scared to open your post. Let's hope the little one will be fine after a bit of rest.

I can never "wait and see" either when I think there is something not right, I must have spent loads on consultations but it's best to be reassured that it's nothing to worry about

Hope Queen Eva is sensible enough to take it easy for a bit, let us know how it goes!

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
The Following User Says Thank You to supersmithy For This Useful Post:
Unread 11-03-2010   #6 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chooch is on a distinguished road

sorry gail i just noticed your first post, thankfully she is going to be okay, poor eva, hope she is feeling better soon, jan
The Following User Says Thank You to chooch For This Useful Post:
Unread 11-03-2010   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thank you so much everyone!

Queen Eva seemed to be feeling much better this morning, judging by her energy level! That's what I missed the night before and yesterday morning, and how I knew something was wrong, in addition to her flopping down so much.

She was so lively this morning that I did worry she would make things worse, but how do you tell a kitten to slow down? I left her curled up on her desk-bed and was gone all day so I hope she rested some. She is, tonight, still lying down more than normal, but I am just getting home. There will be no interactive Games again tonight, to encourage some more resting.

Instead of playing any Games last night, I got on the couch with my book early, and encouraged my live fur blanket to join me. Mazy, Tolly and Queen Eva obliged.

Jennie missed out because she was too busy counter surfing and by the time she made it over to the couch there was only one place left for her. She did not want to settle for the bottom of my legs (perhaps my calves are too bony haha) so she perched near by.

Live fur blanket

Jennie the pouter (I told her that's what she gets for counter surfing)

PS I fell asleep this way and woke myself up an hour or so later, from wall shaking snoring,(I always do that, if I fall asleep on my back on the couch, wake myself up snoring) and no one was left but Queen Eva.

♥♥♥♥

please read this first
Unread 11-03-2010   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

That's so sweet.. Love the living fur blanket, that's just too awesome.
Unread 11-03-2010   #9 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chooch is on a distinguished road

thats great news about queen eva gail, you must have been so worried, sounds like she is definately on the mend, that must be a pretty heavy fur blanket, he he, great photos, luv it.
Unread 11-04-2010   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch View Post
thats great news about queen eva gail, you must have been so worried, sounds like she is definately on the mend, that must be a pretty heavy fur blanket, he he, great photos, luv it.
Thanks Jan, with those three that's about 22 1/2 pounds.

Queen Eva seems fully recovered but I am still not encouraging any jumping or playing.

Last night she was running around with Tolly, and then came over to say hello to me.

please read this first

Tags
addition , adult , book , box , cats , color , fur , games , girl , great , healthy , heat , home , jumping , kitten , kitty , litter , litter box , love , morning , night , photos , playing , prayers , queen , scared , sick , spay , thoughts , vet , wake , worry

Sponsored Cat Links