It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-25-2010   #21 (permalink)
kat
Cool Cat

My Mood: Angelic
kat is on a distinguished road

I there, just to respond to you teaching your cat his name, I know with my 2 it took me having to say their name with everything that involved them:

"Sasha, come", "Sasha NO", Sasha sasha sasha, and the same with Dizi. Dizi is now 13 weeks old and he responds to his name already, but I literally said his name all the time when he was with me. What helps is the fact that their names are both so different to eachothers, so Dizi and Sasha recognise when I'm talking to them... as with everything, time and patience is the key.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PROUD MUMMY OF DIZI AND SASHA!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kat For This Useful Post:

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-25-2010   #22 (permalink)
Kitten

stormalexis is on a distinguished road

sweet thanx!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-25-2010   #23 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Breezy
nperine is on a distinguished road

Hi from Maui Boy's mom ..

I did the same thing with Maui. Maui this, Maui that .. over and over and over. When I'd walk in the door, I'd exclaim .. "M-A-U-I" with a big smile and go pick him up and cuddle him. Took him no time at all to know who he was!!!!

I also talk to him a lot when we're here together, using his name A LOT. This repetition works wonders. When I ask Maui if he wants to play with "Da Bird", his eyes light up, his whiskers tweak out and he runs to the office closet door .. where Da Bird lives!!

When the kitties are tiny, be careful to just use a word or two connected to their name so they don't get confused. i.e. "Maui, come". Never use an angry tone of voice if you want them to come. Use an excited, glad to see them voice! At all costs, if you're angry, never, never say .... "Maui COME HERE"!!! Your tone of voice is really important. And you want them to associate their name with "good stuff".

When Maui's doing something he shouldn't be doing, I don't use his name. I just say "Uh, oh" (instead of "NO") in a firm voice. He knows exactly what that means!

As Dizi and Sasha's mom says ... time and patience AND repetition is the key!
The Following User Says Thank You to nperine For This Useful Post:
Unread 11-25-2010   #24 (permalink)
Kitten

stormalexis is on a distinguished road

haha cute I also do that too. When I step out the room for a while and come back in, I say "Yoshi!" in a loving tone and he meows and starts jogging right over, then I stroke his head. I just really need to say his name more often all the time!

Tags
adult , age , aggressive , animal , baby , beautiful , bite , bowel , boy , cat , cats , color , computer , diet , dry , dry food , eating , eyes , food , happy , healthy , hey , hissing , home , kitten , kitten food , kittens , kitty , lost , love , loving , mat , opinion , pictures , play , playing , problems , sad , small , smart , smell , turkey , vet , water , weight , wet food , worry

Sponsored Cat Links