It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-22-2010   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Default Queen Eva's Spay is scheduled

Next Monday, November 29 she goes in. I've talked it over at great length with my vet, I'm having pre-anesthetic blood work, IV fluids, buprenex for pain. They keep her overnight and I will bring her home Tuesday morning.

My gosh I cannot wait until this is over.
Tolly will be very upset when Queen Eva doesn't come home next Monday night, he always goes frantic when that happens, but I guess we will all survive.

I find myself worrying about the silliest thing..Queen Eva has this precious crescent of gossamer white on her abdomen. Will it grow back just as sweet and soft after she is shaved?

So silly to worry about something so aesthetic. But look how sweet it is!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-23-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

She will be fine Gail, how come she is staying over, will it be a late op?

So do your vets operate on the underside, if you are worried about her little patch of white? Our vets always go in on the side and always the same side (the left from what I remember) so that any girl can be checked in the future if owners aren't sure if they were spayed.

When I had both Pixie and Sasha spayed their fur took ages to grow back being long haired but it grew back just the same as ever

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-24-2010   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thanks Heidi. It is standard procedure there to keep spays overnight.

I didn't know there was any other way than through the abdomen to do a spay. Jennie's spay scar is on her abdomen, so I guess that's the way they do it.

I haven't been through this in 20 years. It's one of the reasons I was not planning on any more kittens, ever. But Ootay(Bridge Angel) had other ideas.

Jennie's spay "doesn't count". She was stray and though I knew she was meant for me, we had not bonded deeply yet, she had never been in my home.

She was trapped in the afternoon, and whisked to the vet for her testing and spay the next morning. The day after that I brought her home. But she wasn't home BEFORE the spay, so I was not freaking out as much, plus of course I didn't have Tolly's stress to worry about.

Tolly gets terribly upset when I leave with a cat in a carrier and come home without that cat. He's been like that ever since he lost his Bibbs, almost 6 years ago.

Well it has to be done, and while I know I shouldn't wish my life away, I can hardly wait until it's over!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 11-24-2010   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

hallan is on a distinguished road

Queen Eva's little white bit of fur on her tummy is adorable!
Both Ripley and Newt where operated on from the side. Newt was definately the left hand side, I can't remember if that's true of Ripley.
I hated seeing their shaved sides but their coats grew back fine.
Luckily both of them could be collected the same day.
I burst into tears when I brought Ripley home. She was so groggy and looked so pathetic with her collar on (I have a story about Ripley and her collar, some other time though!) but of course she was fine.
I remember collecting Newt and the vet telling me not to worry if she didn't have much appetite at first. When I let her out of the carrier she ran straight to the food bowls. She was ravenous and determined to make up for the fact that she hadn't been allowed any breakfast!
Unread 11-24-2010   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Helen, you just reminded me of when I had Tippy spayed - I was told the same thing about the food. She was really groggy when I brought her home but she was so hungry I remember her lying on her side but with both front paws and head over the side of the food bowl noshing away like crazy

(sorry for hijack Gail!)

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 11-29-2010   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

No that's okay Heidi, it's all on topic.

In my experience with cats and general anesthesia they always want to eat when they come home, regardless of what we are told when we pick them up.

I just dropped her off. Didn't sleep last night. Tossed and turned and couldn't get that stupid song "Everybody Was King Fu Fighting" out of my head. Have no idea where the song came from (to get into my head) and it is still there, arrgghh!

PS Helen, let's have the story about Ripley and her e-collar! I'm hoping Queen Eva won't need one, I've never used one for a spay, ever.

please read this first

Tags
adorable , cat , cats , collar , crazy , fighting , food , fur , girl , great , hey , home , kittens , lost , morning , night , queen , silly , sleep , spay , spayed , story , stray , stress , upset , vet , worry

Sponsored Cat Links