It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-01-2010   #11 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Thank you Maui's mom, and everyone.

Just spoke to the vet. Queen Eva is doing well, her PCV is holding around the 33-34% mark, but vet is not comfortable with sending her home yet. If all continues to go well, Friday has been determined as her discharge day.

I admit I blubbered up a bit at that, but honestly Friday is the best day, for me, too, as I have it off and can be home with her all day. Today and tomorrow are very busy long days for me and I am in and out for only short periods and out rather late at night.

But anyway, vet wants to keep an eye on her for a couple more days. I'll be visiting her again today and bringing in more of her own food.

WE MISS HER.

And Lu, I am still holding fast to your experience with Lestat. You kept it together while your new baby was in the hospital, and you and Lestat are continued inspiration to me, that Queen Eva will not be traumatized by her time away from us.

Queen Eva has bonded to my vet, and at least one of the techs. I am glad she is so adaptable, but it only makes me want her home more, to start bonding with me again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-01-2010   #12 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Lu_Bloodmoon is on a distinguished road

I'm so happy to see that things are going in the right way. I know it's difficult to have our little babies away from us but at the same time she's being taken care of and she's at the better place to control her evolution, she's in the hands of professionals. Half of me wanted to have Lestat home with me while my other half thought it was more wise to have him stay at the hospital where they could monitor his condition and act quickly if anything happened.

I also know how it feels when vets don't tell you right away that they will make it, for the first 3 days all I heard was: "we don't know yet, too soon to say if he will be ok, not sure, etc". They won't compromise themselves until they are sure the animal is ok and can go home. But I guess that's what they have to do, although we prefer to hear something different.

I wanted to bring Lestat home so bad but they wouldn't let me until they were sure he would not get worse suddenly. They thought it was best to wait until it was a Friday night and looking back it made sense. During weekdays I work all day and couldn't watch him and I wouldn't be able to relax and not worry all the time. What if something happened and I wasn't home to rush him back to the vet? Friday night I picked him up and had the whole weekend to observe how he was doing and spoil him too hehe.

Just think Queen Eva is at the best place she can be now and in good hands, even if it makes us sad and believe me I know how difficult it is. And after that Lestat and I developed an ever bigger bond. That's a special connection you'll feel with Queen Eva too. And the visits are very important, it gives them more power to struggle for their lives. I could not bring Lestat a t-shirt with my scent because he was in a controlled environment (highly contagious disease and quarantined from other cats) and it was forbidden. It made me feel guilty to leave him just there and imagining that he could think I just abandoned him. But I went to visit him twice a day for periods of 20 minutes (hospital policy was max. 20 minutes per visit). Soon he realised I would leave but come back again.

It's a very good sign that your girl is eating. Lestat wouldn't eat while he stayed at the hospital. First thing he demanded when I brought him home was food though lol. He just refused to eat at all while he was there. He played with his food and licked a bit of canned food but that was it.

I'm sure the vet prefers to wait until her PCV is higher before sending her home. I believe that for the time being, they can take better care of her than you can and I say this in a good sense, you know what I mean.

You will be reunited soon, you'll see. Lestat is crossing his paws for both of you.

"Dogs have masters. Cats have servants."

Last edited by Lu_Bloodmoon; 12-01-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lu_Bloodmoon For This Useful Post:
Unread 12-02-2010   #13 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

acerlt is on a distinguished road

She's coming home tomorrow!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

(rats, no dancing bananas. with all the crap in this forum, you'd think we'd have dancing bananas in the smiley list, for celebrating, LOL)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 12-02-2010   #14 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Lu_Bloodmoon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
That's excellent news!!!

I am so happy for you both, you cannot imagine. Queen Eva won the battle just like Lestat! They are little warriors hehe.

I had a really lousy day and was feeling down but your post just made my day. Truly.

"Dogs have masters. Cats have servants."
Unread 12-02-2010   #15 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

I'm really happy to hear that Gail, I just came on to find out how Queen Eva was doing, great news that she will be back home tomorrow

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 12-02-2010   #16 (permalink)
Newborn

aws1 is on a distinguished road

So happy to hear Queen Eva will be back with you on Friday.
Unread 12-02-2010   #17 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

(rats, no dancing bananas. with all the crap in this forum, you'd think we'd have dancing bananas in the smiley list, for celebrating, LOL)
Such fantastic news!! I knew she'd make it through

Hmm... Let's see if I can add smilies...

Nope. Oh well lol
Unread 12-02-2010   #18 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Breezy
nperine is on a distinguished road

Hi from Maui's mom!

Yea!! What good news that Queen Eva gets to come home tomorrow. She'll be oh, so glad to be back in her "nest". Yes, you and your other kitties will have to plan a welcome home party of some kind for her! Let us know what you come up with.

Thinking all good thoughts for Queen Eva's continued journey on the path to 100% good health again.

Tags
animal , art , baby , beautiful , boy , care , cat , claws , diarrhea , eating , environment , eye , family , fast , fighting , food , girl , happy , hey , home , kitty , litter , litter box , lost , love , morning , night , pee , prayers , problems , queen , sad , scared , sick , silly , sleep , sleeping , spay , struggle , thoughts , vet , worry

Sponsored Cat Links