It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-29-2010   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Default Please pray for Queen Eva

Our Baby Queen Eva has had a complication with her spay and will be in the hospital for a few days, at least. She is stable but her condition is very serious and there is no guarantee yet that she will make it.

She has had one blood transfusion and may need another. She will have another PCV (red blood cell count) tonight. I am going to call the clinic just before they close up for the night to get an update on her.

My biggest concern is that she not suffer. I've just come from seeing her and she is doped up on buprenex, which, while I was sad she didn't seem to care that I was there, still it's reassuring to know she is on the pain meds and sleeping most of the time. She will get another dose before the clinic closes down for the night, which should hold her through until tomorrow morning.

I'm sorry to be vague but I do not want to give more details as to what happened at this time.

Please pray for us. Pray for my little baby girl. Thank you all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-29-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

UPDATE

I just called in to check on her and spoke to the night vet tech. She had just been changing Queen Eva's cage, my baby girl had peed again, which is a good thing.

They did another PCV which was at 35%. That's up from 20% before the blood transfusion. The morning tech will do another PCV first thing, and we will know where we stand, from there.

I was about to remind the tech to give Queen Eva her buprenex, and she beat me to it and assured me Queen Eva would be getting her pain med in about 20 minutes, and that will take her through the night.

The tech said Queen Eva was awake, she had been cuddling our baby girl on her lap for a few minutes during the cage change. She told me she had placed the t- shirt I brought in (that I slept in last night) up near Queen Eva's head so it wouldn't get peed on. I said don't worry, if it gets soiled I will bring in the one I sleep in tonight to replace it.

I miss her so much. Even though she was going to be away overnight even if the spay was uneventful. I'm wiped out and going to bed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-30-2010   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

I'll definitely be keeping her in my thoughts, really hope she'll come through... Things are looking better though, that's always good. Thanks for the update, please keep them coming...
The Following User Says Thank You to AK49BWL For This Useful Post:
Unread 11-30-2010   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

Oh Gail, how terrible for you all.
My best wishes and prayers that your beautiful Queen Eva recovers quickly and is back home with her family soon.
Ripley and Newt send you all their love.
The Following User Says Thank You to hallan For This Useful Post:
Unread 11-30-2010   #5 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Lu_Bloodmoon is on a distinguished road

Hi Gail,

Sorry to hear about Queen Eva's complications during spaying.

Do not despair, she seems to be fighting it and I hope everything will turn well. I know exactly what it feels like, even in different circumstances with Lestat. My thoughts are with you and Queen Eva. And be positive, she will make it, she is getting better I assume.

One thing I learned when Lestat was sick is that they are more resistant and stronger than we think. Lestat taught me a valuable lesson because during the first days of his illness I believed I would lose him and he showed me I was wrong. He fought it and was stronger than me.

Please keep us updated.

"Dogs have masters. Cats have servants."
The Following User Says Thank You to Lu_Bloodmoon For This Useful Post:
Unread 11-30-2010   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Good morning! I haven't spoken to anyone yet this morning, the phone lines don't open until 9 and my vet usually doesn't get in until just before 9. However she went in at midnight to check on Queen Eva and called me and left a message that Queen Eva was bright, alert and comfortable, at midnight.

I must have been deep asleep as I did not hear the message come in. Not surprising, really as I was beyond exhausted. So as of midnight Queen Eva was still doing okay.

By now there is someone with her, and you can be sure I will be calling at 9 a.m. to get an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK49BWL View Post
I'll definitely be keeping her in my thoughts, really hope she'll come through... Things are looking better though, that's always good. Thanks for the update, please keep them coming...
Thank you Brandon, I'll keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallan View Post
Oh Gail, how terrible for you all.
My best wishes and prayers that your beautiful Queen Eva recovers quickly and is back home with her family soon.
Ripley and Newt send you all their love.
Thank you so much Helen Ripley and Newt. We sure miss her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu_Bloodmoon View Post
Hi Gail,

Sorry to hear about Queen Eva's complications during spaying.

Do not despair, she seems to be fighting it and I hope everything will turn well. I know exactly what it feels like, even in different circumstances with Lestat. My thoughts are with you and Queen Eva. And be positive, she will make it, she is getting better I assume.

One thing I learned when Lestat was sick is that they are more resistant and stronger than we think. Lestat taught me a valuable lesson because during the first days of his illness I believed I would lose him and he showed me I was wrong. He fought it and was stronger than me.

Please keep us updated.
Lu, thank you. And guess what. Your recent experience with Lestat has been a true inspiration for me. I mean this. I've been thinking of what you went through, and how your boy rallied and managed to get through his hospital stay. Knowing you all went through that and came out the other side has helped me more than you can imagine.

I'll update as soon as I have news.

please read this first
Unread 11-30-2010   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Gail, I just checked in too see how Queen Eva was doing, and Im so sorry to read this, I know how scared you were before she went in things are sounding a bit better now thank goodness. I so agree that what Lu and Lestat went through can only help to give you comfort and hope that all will turn out well.

All my good thoughts and prayers are going yours and Queen Evas way (and also sweet Tolly for his little buddy) for a speedy recovery for the little girl, plus furry kisses from my girls xxooxx

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
The Following User Says Thank You to supersmithy For This Useful Post:
Unread 11-30-2010   #8 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Lu_Bloodmoon is on a distinguished road

Gail,

Lestat and I didn't want to go to bed before saying that we are thinking of you and Queen Eva. Hope you have good news soon. Be strong for your furry baby!

"Dogs have masters. Cats have servants."
The Following User Says Thank You to Lu_Bloodmoon For This Useful Post:
Unread 11-30-2010   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thank you Heidi and Lu! I went in to see Queen Eva this afternoon.

She was happy to see me, and we had about 15 minutes of Love Fest before I could see she was getting tired and the tech came in and took her back. I brought her another t-shirt that I slept in last night, this time I had Tolly, Mazy and Jennie rub their faces on it for good measure.

I also brought her some of her regular food. I'm glad she's eating whatever they are feeding her, but I would hate for her to have diarrhea from unfamiliar food.

She smells slightly like pee poor thing but now she can get up and use the litter box so I imagine she'll get herself cleaned up pretty quickly.

While we were having raptures Queen Eva started kneading her claws, making air biscuits! This is brand new as Queen Eva has not done any kneading at all since she came here. I'd wondered about it, and was happy to see it today.

I am hoping she can come home tomorrow, since the vet knows I have the Castle to keep her contained and quiet, but she (vet) is not committing to anything yet.

Thanks for caring you guys.

please read this first
Unread 12-01-2010   #10 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Breezy
nperine is on a distinguished road

Hi from Maui Boy and Maui's mom in Hawaii!!

We're thinking all positive thoughts that Queen Eva will keep gaining strength and will be back in your arms at home before you know it. It's so frustrating to have a sick kitty and not be able to be there with her/him. I know. Bailey Cat was in the vets for almost a month, and no one could figure out what was the matter. He was having trouble breathing, coughing, wouldn't eat. He lost near 5 lbs. (he went in at 16 lbs) and I said .. that's it. I'm taking him home. He did a miraculous turn around, started eating, stopped coughing and picked up on the breathing!! He had no further problems along that line until he passed away the end of last July. I, too, took T-shirts I'd worn, my thongs (which he loved to dive into), a big stuffed kitty he thought was "mama kitty". Aren't we silly? Not really. It's all a comfort to the little sick guys.

Maui Boy and I are saying our prayers to "Muddah God" (that's what we in Hawaii call the person upstairs) that Queen Eva will be going home with you .. on her way back to her normal healthy self .. real soon. Like today???

Keep us posted. We're thinking of you and Queen Eva.
The Following User Says Thank You to nperine For This Useful Post:

Tags
animal , art , baby , beautiful , boy , care , cat , claws , diarrhea , eating , environment , eye , family , fast , fighting , food , girl , happy , hey , home , kitty , litter , litter box , lost , love , morning , night , pee , prayers , problems , queen , sad , scared , sick , silly , sleep , sleeping , spay , struggle , thoughts , vet , worry

Sponsored Cat Links