It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-01-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

kittylovey is on a distinguished road
Default what is happening to my cat?

my female cat is about 8 months old and she's been acting weird for the last two days, she lowers on the floor while walking like mating position (but doesn't lift her tail) then closes her eyes and makes sounds like complaining but not really loud, and kinda moves her head too. She also cryes louder like howling. She doesn't seem to be sick but acting weird. she is also more affective than usual with me and rubs her head to my feet, which she didnt use to do a lot. Please help I have never had a female cat before, if you can tell me what can that be?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-01-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

The first thing I have to ask is, is she spayed? If not, then most likely she is in heat and that's what you're dealing with. At any rate, I would take her to the vet to rule out any other possibilities (and get her spayed as well if she isn't, as that will be much better for her in the long run).
Unread 12-01-2010   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Your kitty is in heat. Unless you have her spayed this will continue to happen, and it will come more and more often. Eventually she WILL get out, and get pregnant (or lost or killed).

Please do get her in to the vet for a check up and her vaccinations (if you haven't yet done them) and to schedule her spay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-01-2010   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

thank you for your answers, my cat has not been spayed and she is about 9 months old
Unread 12-02-2010   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

She is well over due for being spayed then. You can try to catch her between heat cycles, but don't wait too long.

Spaying her now is a great benefit to both her physical and mental health.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 12-02-2010   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

I'm still concert because she is still acting this way since monday and it's thursday is it normal?
Unread 12-02-2010   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

For heat cycles, definitely. Once you have her spayed, she most likely won't do those things anymore.
Unread 12-02-2010   #8 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Breezy
nperine is on a distinguished road

Hi from Maui, HI

She's definitely in heat! They female cat when in heat rubs, pushes against things like lying on the back, pushing against a couch with all four feet), wants attention, and usually howls in a low tone. It can go on several days, and it's only been going on four days. Don't see a reason for concern. But Acerlt's suggestion to wait a few more days until she stops these actions, then check in with the vet for an exam and to get her spade. I'm not sure how often an unspade female goes into heat, but several times/year. It's hard on the cat and hard on the cat's human mom. It's hard to see and hear them in distress. Best for everyone if you can get her spade ASAP.
The Following User Says Thank You to nperine For This Useful Post:
Unread 12-04-2010   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nperine View Post
Hi from Maui, HI

She's definitely in heat! They female cat when in heat rubs, pushes against things like lying on the back, pushing against a couch with all four feet), wants attention, and usually howls in a low tone. It can go on several days, and it's only been going on four days. Don't see a reason for concern. But Acerlt's suggestion to wait a few more days until she stops these actions, then check in with the vet for an exam and to get her spade. I'm not sure how often an unspade female goes into heat, but several times/year. It's hard on the cat and hard on the cat's human mom. It's hard to see and hear them in distress. Best for everyone if you can get her spade ASAP.
As everyone says it's best to get her spayed as soon as you can. You will both be happier in the long run.

Tags
cat , cat's , eyes , female , great , health , heat , hey , in heat , kitty , lost , mating , pregnant , sick , spayed , vet , weird

Sponsored Cat Links