It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-26-2010   #1 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Cheerful
Lu_Bloodmoon is on a distinguished road
Default Lestat to be neutered next Wednesday

As the title says, Lestat is going to be neutered on Wednesday Dec. 29th, just a few days from now. I'll bring him to the vet hospital around 10-11 am and the surgery will be at 2 pm. He goes in the morning because they always run blood tests prior to any surgery, even for simple ones like neutering a male cat.

I know it's a simple and easy procedure that vets are used to do every day but I'm still worried. I know it's stupid and I'm sure everything will go well but I almost lost my baby once and now I worry too much all the time. *sigh*

Besides castration, Lestat will get his microchip and will be tested for FIV and FeLV.

I will be on holidays for a week and that's why I chose this time for this, so that I can stay at home with him, watching him and checking if he's doing fine. And also to spoil him a LOT hehe.

Please tell me everything will be ok.

"Dogs have masters. Cats have servants."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-27-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

Everything will definitely be okay with Lestat.. Heh, I think he's proven that once already, there's no way he'd change that now
Unread 12-27-2010   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

acerlt is on a distinguished road

Oh I understand your concerns, but Lestat will be fine. His vet and staff know him intimately and you can be sure they will be watching him like a hawk every moment.

I know you will be glad when Wednesday has come and gone!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-27-2010   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Asleep
StuffAboutCats is on a distinguished road
Send a message via twitter to StuffAboutCats

Everything will be A-okay!

I was worried about my kittens, too, when they went in for surgery and after. It's more work than I anticipated: they had to have non-sandy kitty litter, the boy has to have shredded newspaper for the first 24 hours, and you have to make sure they get plenty of rest and don't open their sutures. I put my kitties in different rooms for the first 5 days. Besides that, it's simple.
Unread 12-27-2010   #5 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Thank you all.

It's hard not to be nervous when it comes to my baby boy. It's a good thing I took a week off work then so I can watch him closely.

He's 7 and a half months old and its time for this according to his vet. I don't know if it has anything to do with it but he is becoming wilder lately and yesterday he tried to literally climb up a wall LOL. His midnight crazies and huntings now happen at any time of the day and are becoming more frequent and "violent" in a good sense. Could it have to do with male behaviour or just rebel / teenager kitten? He always makes me laugh anyway.

Unread 12-27-2010   #6 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Asleep
StuffAboutCats is on a distinguished road
Send a message via twitter to StuffAboutCats

Oh my, that sounds like a male thing. Though it would be very interesting to watch a cat try to climb up a straight wall...
Unread 12-27-2010   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Lestat will be fine Lu, it's only natural to worry but he will sail through it! He might be a bit woozy when you bring him home but he'll recover pretty fast! Sounds like he might like a playmate to let off steam with if you were still considering it

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 12-27-2010   #8 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Heidi, I'm not considering it as I'm already convinced to get Lestat a playmate (male or female) just need to convince my bf a little bit harder but I'm sure he won't oppose. :P

In a year from now we should be ready to add a second kitten. I also have to think about the virus Lestat had because it can survive in the environment for up to one year! And I don't want to take any risks although the vets say everything should be ok if the kitten has been vaccinated. That is why they think something was wrong with Lestat's vaccination's program. He was either not vaccinated in spite of what his Bulletin mentions or he could have been ill and took the shots anyway which could have jeopardized its efficiency.

Where do cats get all that energy from? Because we play a lot with him and get him tired often hehe.

Last edited by Lu_Bloodmoon; 12-27-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Unread 12-28-2010   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

acerlt is on a distinguished road

Dear Lu, I'll be thinking of you and Lestat tomorrow!

All will be well.

xx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 12-29-2010   #10 (permalink)
Cool Cat

I was so nervous that I barely slept this night, woke up very early, got myself ready and took Lestat to the hospital at 10.30 am as scheduled. Signed the papers for the surgery and hospitalization and put him in his cage. He seemed so nervous this morning but that was my fault, he must have sensed it from me. I wasn't able to hide my emotions.

He stood there in his cage, looking at me all confused as I walked away. It's never easy to leave your beloved pet behind *sigh* and the house feels so empty now...

They said the surgery is easy and everything should go well, it should take about 20 minutes and they will call me as soon as they are done and Lestat wakes up.

I can go back at 8 pm to bring him home.

P.S. As per vet indication I had to take away his food and water as from yesterday at midnight. He sleeps all night in the bedroom with us now and when I get up in the morning he always goes in the kitchen to eat and drink. Oops this morning there was nothing there and we was not happy and made that very clear to me by meowing loudly several times LOL and we are talking about a breed which is not vocal at all. We hardly ever hear a meow, just an occasional chirp. Poor guy, he was really upset!

Tags
antibiotic , baby , behaviour , boy , breed , cat , cats , clean , collar , color , crazy , eating , environment , eye , eyes , fast , female , fiv , food , groom , hey , home , house , infection , interesting , jokes , kitten , kittens , kitties , kitty , litter , lost , male , meowing , mistake , morning , natural , nervous , neutering , night , oops , pet , playing , sleeping , small , stitches , story , surgery , test , turkey , type , upset , vet , vocal , vomiting , window , worry

Sponsored Cat Links