It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-02-2011   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Default Jennie's anal glands

I've been worried about Jennie's anal glands for a few of days, and this morning when I flipped her over to check them some pus spurted out.

I've made an appointment to see a vet tech to have them expressed and if the tech thinks there's infection she'll bring a vet in. My vet is not in this week.

So we'll be leaving early to give us lots of time to get there, I'm worried about driving in the bad weather, (we're having an ice storm) but for my cats, I will do anything.

Please keep us in your thoughts, it's really bad out there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-02-2011   #2 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Hawki is on a distinguished road

Gail
Safe travel prayers are with you.
I hope everything goes OK for Jennie at the vets.
Post when you get home so we know you're both OK.

Butch
Husband to Rose, Servant to Callie; Man Butler to Slider.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-02-2011   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thank you Butch. Your prayers are appreciated. Only an urgent cat issue would get me on the roads in bad weather. But I don't think this can wait. Our appointment is at 1:20 and I will be back in to update as soon as we are back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 02-02-2011   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

We're back! All is well.

I stayed on main roads, going slightly out of my way to do so, and they are wet but nothing is falling out of the sky at the moment, though more is supposed to come later today.

Anyway, Jennie got her bottom squeezed and there is no infection. She was highly indignant as you can imagine. I feel sooo much better now. I couldn't resist flipping her over just now to check her area, and it's lovely to not see those tell tale brown dots on either side.

Peace of mind is well worth the trip. Thanks for your well wishes Butch. It really helps.

please read this first
Unread 02-02-2011   #5 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Hawki is on a distinguished road
Talking

I had to drive home in it last night and I had a very stressful shift at work, It was slow going but I made it home without putting the car in a ditch or marrying a guard rail. I decided to take a ME day today and not go in.

As I said before Shadow was a very healthy cat so his vet visits were far and few; up until the last visit when He was diagnosed with the tumor and then Mistletoe's problems....I get real nervous when someone's sick kitty has to go to the vet...
I am sooooooooo glad the news was good.

Butch
Husband to Rose, Servant to Callie; Man Butler to Slider.
Unread 02-02-2011   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Oh that's right, you are right in the path of this same storm, boy it was BAD last night, so glad I didn't know you were out in it!

Butch I am not a wait and see type of cat mama. If I think there might be a problem off we go. Knowing others are thinking of us truly provides comfort.

Here is Jennie sleeping off her ordeal. You'll notice she has her tail tucked tightly under herself. She's not taking any chances, no one is taking liberties with her bottom again today.

please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 08-04-2014 at 12:42 AM.

Tags
boy , brown , car , cat , cats , cool , healthy , hey , home , infection , kitty , morning , nervous , night , prayers , problem , problems , sick , sleeping , tale , thoughts , travel , type , urgent , vet

Sponsored Cat Links