It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-06-2011   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

petlover is on a distinguished road
Question HELP - Needs Kitten and Puppy advice

I have a 10mth old Moodle Puppy, and have just gotten a 6mth old rescue kitten, they get on famously - so famously that they eat each others food. Got organic etc etc food from Doggy Whisperer and all it is doing is making the both of them not too flash in the stomach.
Also the cat seems to be able to tolerate the moodle biccies (proplan) but the dog definately can't tolerate the moggy biccies (Hills Diet).
I don't want to feed them whiskas etc - as i'm concerned of quality.
Does anyone know of something that I can feed both of them so they both don't get sick - have thought of giving them scrambled eggs in the morning (with lactose free milk of course), but need something for the night - have tried feeding them separate (that was useless), am happy to make something up for both of them.

Any ideas????
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-07-2011   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Cats and dogs have extremely different nutritional needs and cannot eat the same food and be healthy, especially the cat.

Put the cat food some where the dog can't reach it, and feed the dog on a schedule, keeping the cat away while the pup eats.

You will have to be vigilant. Your kitten will suffer from malnutrition on puppy food or human food. Cats have very specific nutritional needs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-07-2011   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

Acerlt is absolutely right. Cats are carnivores to the extreme, they do enjoy and can eat (in tiny amounts) some dog and people food. There is an extensive list of foods that cats and/or dogs canNOT ever eat. A cat's digestive system is designed to digest meat. Taurine is added to cat food because it has been found to extremely vital to cats. You will not find sufficient amounts in dog or people food. If you have more than one room or a counter or shelves, the animals can be fed seperately.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
advice , car , cat , cat food , cat's , cats , diet , dog , dogs , food , found , free , happy , healthy , hey , joy , kitten , morning , night , puppy , rescue , sick

Sponsored Cat Links