It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-07-2011   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

ARTFUNKAL is on a distinguished road
Default My cats terrible death

used Hartz ultra plus flea and tick spray on my cat in the afternoon a perfectly healthy 9 yr old tabby , by night he was wet around his mouth I thought he just took a drink by morning he was yelling loudly , saliva hanging from his mouth he jumped down walked a little flopped over and seizured then jumped up and just stared I took him outside to get fresh air he got a blood spot on his mouth and within minutes he was dead , He was my best freind , It broke my heart to see him suffer like that and to know I put that stuff on him , I will have to live with that memory NEVER NEW THE DANGERS AND I PAID THE ULTIMATE PRICE I LOST MY BEST FREIND
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-07-2011   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I'm so so sorry for your loss of your beloved boy. yes Hartz is known to have killed many beloved pets. Equally dangerous are Biospot, sargents and other otc flea treatments.

if you have not, you can add your story to www.hartzkills.org and www.hartzvictims.org.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to spread the word about this evil stuff still on the market, even in the midst of your grief.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

People please listen. Never EVER use Hartz or other OTC flea products or collars. Always use Frontline products, Advantage products or Revolution products, be sure they are the product made for cats, and to be extra safe, purchase them only from your veterinarian.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-07-2011   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

I don't understand why this stuff is still on the market?
How many animals have to die, how many people have to suffer the loss??
You are not the first and will not be the last (God forbid) to be fooled into believing otc stuff is safe. Please don't blame yourself, although it is perfectly natural to do just that! Why wouldn't people think something is safe when it is sold in perfectly reputable stores. It's not like you bought something off of the street!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 04-09-2011   #4 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chooch is on a distinguished road

wow that is shocking, im so sorry for your loss.....
Unread 04-11-2011   #5 (permalink)
kat
Cool Cat

My Mood: Angelic
kat is on a distinguished road

What a sad tragic story! I'm so very sorry for your loss! spread the word of that horrible stuff! I wasn't aware of the dangers of this product, you've just possibly saved a cats life!!!

PROUD MUMMY OF DIZI AND SASHA!!!

Unread 04-17-2011   #6 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Worried
alleygata is on a distinguished road

When I was doing rescue a cat I adopted out had this happen. She called me while he was seizing and I called the vet immediately. He said to put the cat in water and get as much off his fur as possible then bring him in. Luckily this cat made it but many others don't. From that point on I was diligent about telling anyone that adopted a cat about the danger of these products.

I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and I hope you join the fight to get these products off the market.
Unread 04-17-2011   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

tweetyksc is on a distinguished road

OMG how absolutely horrible to have that happen after 9 years.
I am crying here

I have never heard of this happening or that hartz is bad like this (I live in top floor apt. with indoor cats).
Unread 04-19-2011   #8 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

I am so sorry about the loss of your sweet kitty. I had no idea that Hartz was so bad. I use Frontline Plus specifically for cats. I heard that all the stuff that you can buy right off the shelf such as Hartz just didn't work. I had no idea it could actually kill a cat. Why is this stuff still on the market? I know it won't bring your beautiful cat back, but if you started a class action lawsuit against Hartz, it might get their products off the market a prevent another horrible preventable death.

Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
Unread 04-20-2011   #9 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Busy
Sunlight is on a distinguished road

I am so sorry for your loss.

Tags
adopted , age , beautiful , boy , cat , cats , crying , fight , frontline , fur , healthy , hey , indoor , kitty , loss , lost , morning , natural , night , rescue , sad , story , tabby , vet , water

Sponsored Cat Links