It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-23-2011   #101 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

I came on here and started reading the post where he was feeling cold and lifeless. You scared me half to death, good thing I read fairly fast.
I agree about the food. Don't give him any of what he ate when he was vomiting!
Let this roller coaster ride be over forever, for Simba, you and us. I believe you have some mama bears here totally worried about their cubs- Simba and you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to kskat For This Useful Post:

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-23-2011   #102 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Fine
Brazcat is on a distinguished road

How wonderful he's got better. So, maybe it WAS the food after all. But we're all curious about the x ray too. My reaction was exactly like kskat's, that is, totally scared when I read that post. Perhaps he read your thoughts of putting him to sleep and went like "Hey Lady, it's not my time yet. You still need me for some years." But I'm sure he'll be in a better mood soon.
As for yourself, get some well deserved rest.
Cheers
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to Brazcat For This Useful Post:
Unread 04-23-2011   #103 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Worried
alleygata is on a distinguished road

He's sitting across the room giving me kitty kisses every time I look at him. hehe He slept most of the day and just got up a few minutes ago. He still doesn't want to be touched and that's okay...whatever my baby wants.

Monday I'll contact Purina and see what they say. It is odd that he hasn't vomited since I took that food away! He's so finicky that I don't know what food he would like. When he was young I fed him Chicken Soup for the Cat, I think it was called and he ate that for awhile. Maybe I'll try that.

I really appreciate everyone's concern for him and for me. You all are wonderful! It's been a hard 2 weeks and let's pray it's over.

Allie
Unread 04-23-2011   #104 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Tired
Dally is on a distinguished road

thats great hes doing much better
Gylfie--Patched marble tabby longhair (feral)
Destiny--Silver mackeral tabby Longhair (stray)
sorry in advance for odd typos--Gylfie runs across the keyboard
The Following User Says Thank You to Dally For This Useful Post:
Unread 04-24-2011   #105 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleygata View Post
He's sitting across the room giving me kitty kisses every time I look at him. hehe He slept most of the day and just got up a few minutes ago. He still doesn't want to be touched and that's okay...whatever my baby wants.

Monday I'll contact Purina and see what they say. It is odd that he hasn't vomited since I took that food away! He's so finicky that I don't know what food he would like. When he was young I fed him Chicken Soup for the Cat, I think it was called and he ate that for awhile. Maybe I'll try that.

I really appreciate everyone's concern for him and for me. You all are wonderful! It's been a hard 2 weeks and let's pray it's over.

Allie
Awwwww.....! I love those kissy love looks. So what is he eating now? Finicky cats are tough to live with, we can go crazy trying to find something they will eat!

You said he had another poop?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 04-24-2011   #106 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Default Happy Easter

He's really not eating. He'll take a couple of bites of Fancy Feast Fillet Mignon and about 10 pieces of Temptations and that's it. Sometimes he'll eat a few bites of chicken jerky. But usually he smells it but won't eat. I think his nose is plugged and his eyes are watering. The vet said he may have allergies but the timing is weird. I've tried coaxing him with chicken, baby food and everything I can think of. I even warmed it up so it would smell stronger but he won't eat. So I'm still giving him the NutriCal once a day. He lost a half a pound between vet visits last time.

He pooped a small one yesterday but nothing so far today. His urine seems normal.
Unread 04-24-2011   #107 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

acerlt is on a distinguished road

Crap. Crap crap! I'll be so glad when tomorrow comes and you can find out what the x rays show.

It's a long working day for me but I hope to come home for lunch and check in. That will be around 10 a.m. your time, I hope you know something by then. He will need more fluids by then too.

please read this first
Unread 04-24-2011   #108 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Hawki is on a distinguished road

Dear alleygata
I am so glad Simba's doing better. I confess that I haven''t gotten to this site much at all the last few days. I hope you're feeling better. You're both still on my prayer list.

Butch
Husband to Rose, Servant to Callie; Man Butler to Slider.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hawki For This Useful Post:
Unread 04-24-2011   #109 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

Well, if those allergies are food related that makes perfect sense. Sometimes healing is a long process with 2 steps forward 1 step back or worse, but as long as there are steps forward.........well, something's working.
My prayers are still coming.

The Following User Says Thank You to kskat For This Useful Post:
Unread 04-24-2011   #110 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Thank you. I laid down with him today and he let me comb him. He loves to be combed when he feels good. I clipped his nails, which he also loves because I use the clippers to scratch his face in between clipping, LOL and got most of the NutriCal out of his fur. He was purring and very affectionate. He'll only eat if I hand feed him and still not much.

Interestingly he hasn't vomited since I took that food away. What if it's not just an allergy but something is wrong with it. It wouldn't be the first time pet food was contaminated.

Also, Simba is a lap cat and since being sick he hasn't wanted to be in my lap...until today!!! So he must be feeling a little better, right? I just wish I could get him to drink water. When I force him he gets mad and wants to hide in the closet.

Tags
affordable , age , antibiotic , bills , bite , black , bowel , boy , car , cat , catching , clean , constipation , crazy , crying , cut , diarrhea , diet , dry food , eating , eye , eyes , family , fast , feral , fever , fights , fip , food , game , great , hair balls , health , hiding , home , house , hurt , indoor , interesting , internet , kitten , kitty , lost , mat , medical , money , moving , nausea , not eating , nutrition , obstruction , peeing , petsmart , play , poop , prayers , pregnant , problems , raw , royal , scared , scream , senior , shoes , sick , silly , smart , story , struggle , surgery , toys , turkey , urine , vet , vet bills , vomit , vomiting , water , weight , wet food , won't eat

Sponsored Cat Links