It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-27-2011   #131 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Worried
alleygata is on a distinguished road

Oh please don't be sorry, I don't know what I would do without you. You're a Godsend my dear and your advise is greatly appreciated and always right on!

I mixed some water with the wet food and he liked that better. He still only ate/drank a little though. He's always been more of a grazer and doesn't eat big meals.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-27-2011   #132 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your kind words Allie.

Good morning Simba! Poop for your mama today!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-27-2011   #133 (permalink)
Kitten

Marionana is on a distinguished road

I just brought myself up to date and read your original message asking for help with Simba. I'm so very upset..you mentioned something about Simba chewing on a plastic bag, could it be he may of swallowed a piece, maybe it's caught in his intestines...???

I wish I could help you financially so you can bring Simba to another vet, one that has a heart, who cares about your cat. I hate to hear you and Simba are suffering. I will keep him in my prayers. Please keep as posted.

Acerlt it's so nice to see someone as concerned about Simba as you are.
The Following User Says Thank You to Marionana For This Useful Post:
Unread 04-27-2011   #134 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Thanks for your concern Marionana. The vet told me something interesting about cats that chew on plastic. (BTW he only chews tiny pieces of the corners and it's not enough to cause a blockage.) She said there's something in plastic that's calming to cats in distress. She didn't seem to think it was a problem unless it was more than a tiny amount. Before he became sick I always discouraged it but I let him do it a little now hoping he knows something instinctively that might help him feel better. It's never more than the size of a small piece of kibble if even that.

We only went to the first non-caring vet once and the vet he has now is fantastic! She's very compassionate and spends a lot of time with Simba and me.

Simba has good days and bad days. Yesterday he didn't seem to feel very good but last night he was up and around more. He's not back to normal eating and drinking so I'm still keeping a close eye on him. He pooped a little, probably in line with how much he ate.

Last edited by alleygata; 04-27-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Unread 04-27-2011   #135 (permalink)
Kitten

Marionana is on a distinguished road

I'm happy to hear your found a caring vet that's helping Simba.

My little guy loves plastic bags, like you, I too take them away. Never could understand the fascination, now I know why... Thanks for the info.

Please keep as updated on Simba.
Unread 04-27-2011   #136 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Fine
Brazcat is on a distinguished road

Hi Ally,
Glad you found a way to increase Simba's hydration. I'm sure he's on the right path. Keep up the good work!
The Following User Says Thank You to Brazcat For This Useful Post:
Unread 04-27-2011   #137 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Allie I know you want Simba to be happy, but I really would rethink the plastic. Plastic bags contain a lot of chemicals and I'm sure some of them are toxic.

Have you ever given him paper bags to play with or chew on? Mazy loves to shred brown paper bags, and Tolly (and Mazy too) loves to chew card board boxes.

A couple of videos for your entertainment: (click on)

Mazy Shredding Paper

Tolly's New Chewing Box

PS Hurray for poop! Is he liking the RC?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 04-27-2011   #138 (permalink)
Cool Cat

He likes the dry and the wet if I mix water with it.

I really don't let Simba have plastic. He knows he can't and when he wants to get my attention or grass he nibbles on the corners of bread bags, the little gusseted part. I don't think he actually eats it though and if I thought he were I would make sure to put it out of reach. He never gets plastic bags!! In fact he's afraid of them.

Yeah, Simba loves chewing up corrugated boxes too. LOL Not quite as much as Tolly though. ROFL Awhile back I had a terrible problem with him chewing up my shoes. One of each of course and usually just the straps. I have shelves in my closet that I put my folded clothes on and no closet door. When he's really irritated he pulls all the clothes off the shelves and either sleeps on them or in the space on the shelves where the clothes were. He's an ornery one for sure! It's how he teaches me what he wants. LOL Now I keep a bare space on the shelves and it helps... most of the time. Now he usually only does it when I'm in the hospital and that I can understand.

I love your videos! Simba has that same cat scratcher and he loves it. I bought him one of those fancy ones with the sandpaper and he didn't like it at all.

Last edited by alleygata; 04-27-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Unread 04-28-2011   #139 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

I have been so thrilled to see how Simba is getting better! I loved your description of him talking to you, that is wonderful!

Unread 04-28-2011   #140 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Quote:
I really don't let Simba have plastic. He knows he can't and when he wants to get my attention or grass he nibbles on the corners of bread bags, the little gusseted part. I don't think he actually eats it though and if I thought he were I would make sure to put it out of reach. He never gets plastic bags!! In fact he's afraid of them.
Oh, good I misunderstood. It was the plastic bags (grocery bags) I was picturing and worrying about. Bread bags at least can't contain toxins, being food containers.

Thanks for looking at the videos, I have a lot of them. Yes, Tolly has been a Box Chewer all his life, and Mazy does it too, though is not quite as dedicated. It's diffficult to know his criteria I don't often find a box he likes these days, but he loves that one he's using in the video. In fact it's almost chewed to the floor already.

I love the story of Simba clearing a shelf for himself! What a smart funny boy. He certainly knows how to train his human!

Hope Simba is continuing his road to recovery.

please read this first

Tags
affordable , age , antibiotic , bills , bite , black , bowel , boy , car , cat , catching , clean , constipation , crazy , crying , cut , diarrhea , diet , dry food , eating , eye , eyes , family , fast , feral , fever , fights , fip , food , game , great , hair balls , health , hiding , home , house , hurt , indoor , interesting , internet , kitten , kitty , lost , mat , medical , money , moving , nausea , not eating , nutrition , obstruction , peeing , petsmart , play , poop , prayers , pregnant , problems , raw , royal , scared , scream , senior , shoes , sick , silly , smart , story , struggle , surgery , toys , turkey , urine , vet , vet bills , vomit , vomiting , water , weight , wet food , won't eat

Sponsored Cat Links