It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-09-2011   #211 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry it's so hard Allie. I agree with Brandon, keep thinking positive. Keep on with the pepcid daily and the prednisone at the prescribed doses. Stay in touch with the vet.

Is he eating, when not vomiting? Still pooping okay?

I really think a change of food may help. He may have developed an allergy to either the grains or the protein in the foods he's eating. I know you changed brands, but the RC has chicken in it, and wheat and corn? A limited ingredient food could be tried. One with an alternate protein and no grains.

Just trying to throw ideas out there for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-09-2011   #212 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Worried
alleygata is on a distinguished road

Now his vomiting has no relation to when he eats and it comes out of nowhere. He'll get up from sleeping and I can tell by the look on his face he's going to vomit. If I have time I take him to the shower, otherwise I just hold him up while he vomits.

Last night he was lovable and slept with me all night. I wasn't sure he would even make it through the night because he had the rattle cats have when they're dieing. For hours I laid next to him and gently touched him and talked softly. He usually gets bored after a few minutes of that but he stayed and fell asleep in my arms.

This morning he was awake when I got up and he followed me to the bathroom where he always gets petted while I'm going potty. It's the same routine... he starts feeling better than will vomit and feel sick again. Every 3 days now is the pattern and at least he isn't doing it every day.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-09-2011   #213 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Simba is feeling better tonight and ate a little baby food and dry kibble. I can't get him to touch the wet no matter what brand. It's funny because I got some chicken Caesar's dog food and he ate a bit of that but I've heard dog food isn't good for cats. I gave him some NutriCal and his pills and that went better today.

He's sleeping on the bed and not in the closet so that's a good sign. He also got out a couple of his toys but didn't have the energy to play with them. It seems we go through this every 3 days and I have no idea why. He'll start feeling better then get sick again.
Unread 05-09-2011   #214 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

When he vomits, every third day, is it just the one time, or multiple times a day? Is it food or bile?

Is he eating well, otherwise?

It does sound like he is doing well in between the vomiting days, right? He is pooping and peeing okay?

Keep on with the daily pepcid and of course the prednisone. Have you stopped the flagyl? I can send you some capsules if you want to try giving the flagyl to him in them. They are empty capsules I save after giving Mazy the cosequin sprinkles . They may seem large, but Ootay never had an trouble taking them down.

Have you talked to the vet?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
The Following User Says Thank You to acerlt For This Useful Post:
Unread 05-10-2011   #215 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Sad
Cinixen is on a distinguished road

Ohh Poor Simba. Have you tried feeding him out of your hand? When we first got Nemo, Cina got ill with a cold and I took her to the vet. She wasn't eating well for a while but would eat a bit out of my hand instead of out of her bowl.

I know you tried all sorts of food brands...I just wanted to let you know that Almo Nature do holistic good quality range cat food (using raw ingredients without additives such as flavor enhancers or artificial preservatives). I feed my cats the jelly chicken and tuna and they like that VERY much. Perhaps something that would work for Simba?!

I really hope he gets better soon. X
The Following User Says Thank You to Cinixen For This Useful Post:
Unread 05-10-2011   #216 (permalink)
Cool Cat

When he vomits it's liquid/digested food and water. There's a lot but not much undigested food bits. He just vomits once and it's a lot.

The Flagyl has worked putting it in a half a pill pocket so I've been able to continue giving him that. Last night was a pretty good night so tonight or tomorrow morning I have to watch him for vomiting (3rd day). He's eating lightly several times a day and drinking water. I don't think he's eating enough though. I do coax him throughout the day by calling the kibble "cookies" and hand feeding him. Sometimes he'll take it but not always.

The vet said to continue doing what I'm doing and hopefully the flagyl and prednisone will make him feel better soon. The first vet said to give him the Pepcid 1/4 tablet twice a day. I had forgot and was only giving it to him once a day but now I'm doing twice a day. I'm going to pick up some empty capsules in the next couple of days at the pharmacy and try that.

After he vomits he's very sick for a day or so afterward and that's when I think he's not going to make it. Today he doesn't look too bad. If I can just keep him from vomiting!!

Everyday he has a small bowel movement and urinates a few times.

Last edited by alleygata; 05-10-2011 at 04:43 PM. Reason: added
Unread 05-10-2011   #217 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thanks for the update on Simba Allie! I know we aren't there seeing him, but it sounds like he's holding his own. I'm sorry it's so worrying, I know it's not good for you to fret so much either.

xx

please read this first
Unread 05-10-2011   #218 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Arrrggghh!! I had something else I was going to say, but the forum cut out on me and now I've forgotten what it was.

Phooey!

please read this first
Unread 05-11-2011   #219 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Yes it's very worrying and I'm afraid to leave him alone. I've been leaving only for the bare necessities and as short a time as possible. I would hate for him to need me and me not be here for him.
Unread 05-11-2011   #220 (permalink)
Cool Cat

So far no vomiting but he's back in the closet and not wanting to be bothered. He's sleeping a lot and only came out a few minutes last night and none today. Should I encourage him to come out or just leave him alone? I'm worried because he isn't eating or drinking as much when he's in there. I did get some NutriCal down him this morning and that always makes him mad and he sulks.

Tags
affordable , age , antibiotic , bills , bite , black , bowel , boy , car , cat , catching , clean , constipation , crazy , crying , cut , diarrhea , diet , dry food , eating , eye , eyes , family , fast , feral , fever , fights , fip , food , game , great , hair balls , health , hiding , home , house , hurt , indoor , interesting , internet , kitten , kitty , lost , mat , medical , money , moving , nausea , not eating , nutrition , obstruction , peeing , petsmart , play , poop , prayers , pregnant , problems , raw , royal , scared , scream , senior , shoes , sick , silly , smart , story , struggle , surgery , toys , turkey , urine , vet , vet bills , vomit , vomiting , water , weight , wet food , won't eat

Sponsored Cat Links