It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-17-2011   #21 (permalink)
Cool Cat

My Mood: Worried
alleygata is on a distinguished road

Okay, I don't know why I was expecting it to come out the same way it went in. LOL

I boiled a chicken breast and he's eating it now. I only gave him about a tablespoon but he didn't eat it all. I'll wait a bit and give him some more.

He's such a good boy and seems to know I'm trying to help him. I won't leave him alone until we get through this and his bratty self is back.

I can't thank you enough for helping Simba and me. Hopefully it won't be long before things are back to normal and I'm telling stories about his antics and how he controls me to get what he wants.

Crud!! He vomited within minutes of eating the chicken! I feel like whatever I do it's making him worse and I'm scared. Should I continue with the Vaseline and withhold the food, or just give him water, or ???

Last edited by alleygata; 04-17-2011 at 03:00 AM. Reason: spelling
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-17-2011   #22 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Oh crap. Not ready for solid food I guess. But he's keeping the vaseline down? Has he had a bowel movement yet?

Have you tried syringing water or the food gruel yet? Poor Simba. Poor you!

You said he's peeing okay right? Praying he poops today.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-17-2011   #23 (permalink)
Cool Cat

I've been checking his litterpan and he's been urinating and he pooped a little but not big enough for the hairball.

He is keeping the Vaseline down. He drank some water last night on his own so I didn't force any down him and he drank more this morning.
Unread 04-17-2011   #24 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Checking in on Simba. I'm glad he is drinking and keeping the water down, but he really needs more nourishment than that now.

How is he acting? Still playing and doing things he likes to do?

What he really needs is another session of sub q fluids to get him through. Could you call your vet and ask how much they would charge for you to bring him in just for that? You shouldn't need another office visit appointment, a tech should be able to do it.

If you don't want to do that I would do the sryinge feeding with water mixed into canned food as a thin gruel. Dehydration is a very serious danger.

The last time Tolly was ill with hair ball problems he did not eat for 84 hours, but I was giving him 100 ml of sub q daily, along with the hairball remedy every 6-8 hours.

I'm sure you must be out of your mind with worry, I am praying for your boy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 04-17-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Unread 04-17-2011   #25 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Had an idea. Can you get some baby food? Just plain, no spices or blended flavors, some chicken or turkey. See if he'll take that, just a little, a teaspoonful, at a time wait an hour in between.

please read this first
Unread 04-17-2011   #26 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Mostly he's sleeping. He got a couple of toys out but just looked at them. He's not doing well. He acts hungry but just eats a bite or two. Tonight I'll syringe some water down him and tomorrow I'll go to Petco and buy the right hairball remedy, Nutrical and Pediolite?? Tomorrow I go for my weekly blood infusions so hopefully I'll feel well enough afterwards. Sometimes I'm too sick to do anything but I'll just have to.

Yes, I'm worried sick! His eyes have been watering and have gunk built up around them. He still manages a purr when I pet him though. I know that doesn't mean anything but I think he's doing it for me.

That vet won't do anything for anyone I've found out. I wish I had contacts with some of the groups that can help in situations like mine, but I'm fairly new to this area and don't get out much.
Unread 04-17-2011   #27 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Pediolyte is a good idea. And try the babyfood, too. Mix some of the canned cat food with the water into the thin gruel, he needs nourishment.

I don't like the sound of this, I really think he needs to see another vet. I wouldn't go back to the one you were at if you don't have a good feeling. But maybe call around in the morning and see if someone will see him.

Still praying for your sweet boy Simba

please read this first
Unread 04-17-2011   #28 (permalink)
Cool Cat

I honestly don't have the money right now and don't get my SSA check for a couple more weeks and I have no family to help.

He just woke up and drank a little water and ate about a tablespoon of chicken breast. Let's pray he keeps it down.
Unread 04-17-2011   #29 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

All paws crossed that chicken stays down! Keep on with the vaseline regimen for another day. Keep me posted!

PS if you are looking for distraction and a laugh I just posted a thread with a link to a video of Queen Eva, my kitten. Check it out!

please read this first
Unread 04-17-2011   #30 (permalink)
Cool Cat

I've been looking at pictures of your sweetheart, Queen Eva!! What a character. Is she part a burrowing squirrel or something? LOL I LOVE black cats!! I had one named Mina that lived to be 21. She was rescued from a lab by a couple in their 80s. LOL They broke into the lab and rescued the cats. LOL She always walked on her tiptoes and we figured it was because she was in a cage without bottom padding. That was many years ago and I'm sure glad things have changed!

My neighbor emailed me and said she would go to Petco tomorrow morning for me if I tell her what to get. She's been wonderful at helping me and she won't let me pay her back. Is the following what he needs?

Petromalt - Petco
NaturVet Pet Electrolyte Concentrate Hydration - Petco
Nutri-Cal For Cats - Petco
Chicken baby food (stage 1)- grocery store, without any other ingredients like vegetables.

Tags
affordable , age , antibiotic , bills , bite , black , bowel , boy , car , cat , catching , clean , constipation , crazy , crying , cut , diarrhea , diet , dry food , eating , eye , eyes , family , fast , feral , fever , fights , fip , food , game , great , hair balls , health , hiding , home , house , hurt , indoor , interesting , internet , kitten , kitty , lost , mat , medical , money , moving , nausea , not eating , nutrition , obstruction , peeing , petsmart , play , poop , prayers , pregnant , problems , raw , royal , scared , scream , senior , shoes , sick , silly , smart , story , struggle , surgery , toys , turkey , urine , vet , vet bills , vomit , vomiting , water , weight , wet food , won't eat

Sponsored Cat Links