It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-21-2011   #11 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

Tiger may have been referring to the hormones, etc pumped into all of our food animals. A big reason why children, like my little great niece, are developing at increasingly younger ages. She was growing pubic hair and breasts at the age of 8 years old!
I agree about the wet food. For all the same things Acerlt said. Even the cheaper canned cat foods are way higher in meat and the water content is so very important. Cats often don't drink as much water as they really need, which increases the risk of crystals and blockages, which can be fatal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-22-2011   #12 (permalink)
Newborn

Tiger is on a distinguished road

I am looking for holistic/ organic cat food. So far Tiger only goes for the pouched Wellness brand food. He is sooo finicky its difficult to find something he'll eat.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-22-2011   #13 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

My Tolly is the same way. He likes shredded, flaked or chunks in gravy styles too. I didn't like the Wellness pouches though. I have finally found a variety of brands/formulas Tolly will eat. All are high "human" quality, but not all are organic.

Gosh it's hard sometimes, trying to feed them right, isn't it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 04-22-2011   #14 (permalink)
Newborn

Tiger is on a distinguished road

Yea. Its deffinately getting bad when you can't trust food anymore. The growth hormones and medications are horrible. I know some teenage/young adults who have admitted to checking out girls and then realizing minutes later that they are just young kids. The alaskan based seafood has far less mercurey in it so it is an occatioal thing. He won't stop begging me in the kitchen. He likes some of the fancy feast appitizers (rare treat). I need to look at cat foods more at Petco.

Tags
advice , alaska , allergies , behavior , books , breathing , cat , cats , diet , dry , dry food , eating , fever , fish , food , found , health , hey , home , house , indoor , love , money , oops , problems , sad , save , scratch , stress , vet , weight , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links