It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-08-2011   #11 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

Alot of times when a cat starts peeing outside of their litter box, it means they hve a medical problem such as crystals in their urine and it is very painful to go to the bathroom. Cats associate the pain with the litter box and will avoid it. But if your vet ruled out all medical reasons for it, I have a uggestion that may work. I had kittens that used to pee on the bathroom rug. I noticed that when I used a bathmat that was thin and similar to a towel, they would not pee on it, but as son as I put the bath mat in laundry and put down a fresh one that was very thick and fluffy, I would watch them scratch the mat and pee on it, and then scratch like they were covering it up. Someone recommended that I change their litter and use a litter called Cat Attract which has something in it that actually attracts the cats to it and they just have to use it. She said that after a couple of months, I could slowly add my usual litter to it little by little until I was back to using the regular litter. It worked like a charm!! : )
By the way, have you changed anything in your house--added a new pet or family member, been really stressed out, changed Minty's usual cat litter or anything? Cats are creature of habits and anything that upsets the apple cart so to speak, upsets the cat. Hope I was of some help

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to AuntKitty For This Useful Post:

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-09-2011   #12 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Sick
Missy is on a distinguished road

hey aunt kitty, medical conditions were just ruled out and yes i got a new kitten however his behaviour started in february and the new member came in april

my mum did move out of home in february so that would make a huge difference i guess however i tried something new last night

i swapped his litter tray for my new kittens so that minty has the lower tray, i completely cleaned it out put new litter in it and put it in plain view in the laundry, i also put carpet cleaning stuff on the carpet and sprinkled pepper where he has been peeing, and guess what IT WORKED

i woke up this morning to find that minty had used his litter tray and my carpet was clean

Tags
age , baby , behaviour , bladder , car , carpet , cat , cats , clean , dry , eye , hey , home , house , kitten , kittens , kitty , litter , litter box , lucky , medical , morning , new member , peeing , pet , problem , problems , scared , scratch , test , urine , vet

Sponsored Cat Links