It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-07-2012   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road
Default Diamond Pet Foods Recall 11 brands affected, so far

This list has expanded again and now contains 11 brands, some include cat food, all are kibble formulas. The links (on the recall page, click on the brand and it will open a new link) will give you codes and dates and locations, so you can determine if the food you are feeding (if you use one of these brands) is part of the recall. If you have not saved the bag, call the company and they will instruct you on what to do.

Diamond Pet Recall |

Brands affected, so far

Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover’s Soul
Country Value
Diamond
Diamond Naturals
Premium Edge
Professional
4Health
Taste of the Wild
Apex
Kirkland Signature/Kirkland Signature Nature’s Domain (both cat and dog)
Canidae

PS for some reason Wellness is not on the list in the link, but the wellness puppy food IS part of the recall.

News

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-07-2012   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I just found out: Natural Balance, which also is not on the list, is another, they are not manufactured by Diamond foods, but used the plant for some of their dog foods.

Natural Balance Pet Foods Inc.®

It is all foods coming from one specific plant, in South Carolina. Apparently the danger is more to humans who handle the food, than to the animals eating it. Animals, at least healthy ones, are not particularly endangered by the salmonella bacteria, supposedly. But I wouldn't want to take any chances, with my pets, anyway.

As long as I'm at it, I'll go ahead and post this link on complaints about Purina.

Consumer complaints about Purina Pet Foods

Even the so called "premium" companies really can't be trusted too far. This is why I feed a variety of brands, rotating daily, and I purchase cases far in advance of when I may need them. When I open a new case of canned food, it has been in my house at least three or four months. I hope this may help save my cats, if there is a recall of a particular batch, that I will hear about it before I feed it to my cats.

When I start a new batch I make note of that fact in my cat journal. "New Batch" is written in red ink and circled.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-08-2012   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Solid Gold added to the recall list.

Seems to me they ought to be posting this on their home product site. Not everyone uses facebook.

Solid Gold Health Products for Pets, Inc. | Facebook

Again, like the others who are not made by Diamond, but only use the plant for certain foods, not all Solid gold foods are affected. Read the link and check your food against the information provided.

Actually, on second thought, since not everyone belongs to facebook I will post the information here

Quote:
May 7, 2012
Just a few hours ago, Solid Gold received information that two batches of our foods were made at the Diamond Gaston plant around the same time period as some of the previously recalled foods of other brands. Though we have had zero complaints about these particular batches, we have decided to recall them as a precautionary measure. Due to the time difference between us and the appropriate FDA office, there was not enough time in the day to further discuss this voluntary recall with the FDA. We are announcing this now because we know our customers are concerned and didn’t want an entire night to go by without this information being available to the public. Tomorrow morning (May 8th), after speaking with the FDA, Solid Gold will officially institute a voluntary recall of two batches of food made at the Diamond Gaston facility.
The following products will be part of this voluntary precautionary recall. Only the two foods with this particular best before date and batch code will be part of the recall.
Solid Gold WolfKing Large Breed Adult Food:
All sizes
Best before December 30, 2012
Batch code starting with SGL1201

Solid Gold WolfCub Large Breed Puppy Food
All Sizes
Best before December 30, 2012
Batch code starting with SGB1201

No other Solid Gold products are affected.
We greatly apologize for any concern and inconvenience this may cause and greatly thank you for your patience. Further information will be available in the official recall tomorrow morning. As always, please contact us at 800-364-4863 or dane@solidgoldhealth.com with any questions and we will

please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 05-08-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Unread 05-08-2012   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Default Apex

I don't think I posted the Apex link in this thread before

Apex Pet Foods Initiates Voluntary Recall of Dry Pet Food Due to the Potential for Salmonella No Pet or Human Illnesses have been Reported Associated With Apex Dog Food

please read this first
Unread 05-12-2012   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Default Corrected date code for Natural Balance

Quote:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - May 11, 2012 - On May 4, 2012, Natural Balance Pet Foods announced a voluntary recall of certain dry pet food formulas manufactured by Diamond Pet Foods at their Gaston, South Carolina facility. Link to original press release: Natural Balance Pet Foods Initiates Voluntary Recall of Certain Dry Pet Food Due to the Potential for Salmonella Contamination

The original press release contained a typographical error in the Best By Date of one of the products listed. It stated a Best By Date of March 12, 2013 when it should have been March 13, 2013.

The incorrect Best By Date listed was:

5 LB Natural Balance Sweet Potato & Venison Dog UPC# 7-23633-88650-5
Lot Code NBH0103 Best By Date: March 12, 2013

The correct Best By Date is:

5 LB Natural Balance Sweet Potato & Venison Dog UPC# 7-23633-88650-5
Lot Code NBH0103 Best By Date: March 13, 2013
Complete info here:

Correction to Date Code in Natural Balance Pet Foodsâ?? Voluntary Recall Dated May 4, 2012 Due to the Potential for Salmonella Contamination

please read this first
Unread 05-19-2012   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Another food added to the list complete information here:

Diamond Pet Foods : Information

Quote:
Diamond Naturals Small Breed Adult Dog Lamb & Rice Formula samples, 6 pound and 18 pound bag sizes, manufactured on Aug. 26, 2011,

Production Code & Best Before Dates:

DSL0801, 26-Aug-2012

DSL0801, 26-Aug-2012

DSL0801, 27-Sept- 2012 (Product manufactured on Aug. 26, 2011 and packaged on Sept. 27, 2011)

DSL0801, 18-Oct- 2012 (Product manufactured on Aug. 26, 2011 and packaged on Oct. 18, 2011)

DSL0801, (Samples)

please read this first

Tags
adult , breed , canned food , cat , cat food , cats , color , dog , eating , facebook , food , found , fur , health , healthy , hey , home , house , links , morning , natural , night , pet , puppy , save

Sponsored Cat Links