It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-21-2012   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Brudius is on a distinguished road
Default Sick Cat | Not Eating or Drinking

i am a first time cat owner and my cat is only about a year old. he is outside while i am at work and comes in at night when i get home. 2 nights ago he unusually slept on my pillow beside me and was sneezing all night, then yesterday i get home he comes in with me and he was hiding under my bed and wouldn't come out. he started vomiting clear frothy liquid. He wont even eat high end canned cat food which he will normally come running to the second he hears the can. Any advice? i don't have much money and i don't think i can afford a vet visit. Any Advice is helpful.

Note: i did use a turkey baster and force some water in him.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-21-2012   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Your cat needs to see a vet. It is extremely dangerous for a cat to go without food for more than a day or so. The liver will fail.

Also, because you leave him outside (cats are safer and helathier kept inside) it's quite possible that he has eaten something toxic, or has been exposed to disease by a strange cat.

Please, take your cat to the vet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-22-2012   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

Brudius is on a distinguished road

thanks, i took him to the vet. i appreciate your post.
Unread 06-28-2012   #4 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

Please tell us what you found out. One of us could learn something valuable!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 03-25-2014   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

butterflyH is on a distinguished road

It’s always a good idea to call your vet. It is a common symptom of sickness and one which can quickly become life threatening.

Tags
advice , cat , cat food , cat needs , cats , eating , food , found , hiding , home , money , night , not eating , sick , sickness , turkey , vet , vomiting , water

Sponsored Cat Links