It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-21-2012   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

RaffandLucky is on a distinguished road
Default Cat Food Brands

Hi all,

What cat food do you recommend for an indoor 2 year old domestic shorthair? He's been on Authority for a year now; however, I've been getting mixed answers such as it's not good because it develops balding and weight loss (I find that the weight thing is true because Lucky looks like a fair amount of weight) and it's good because it maintains healthy weight. What do you find healthy? I heard that Wellness is pretty good. Any thoughts?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-21-2012   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Canned food. Almost any canned food is better than dry. But I prefer canned foods that don't contain any grains, fruits, vegetables, dyes, artificial anything, or sodium nitrites and sodium nitrates or carrageenan.

Brands I recommend (canned only) that do not contain any of the above

Weruva
Soulistic
By Nature Organic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-11-2012   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

brotherscomplete is on a distinguished road
Smile best cat food

Excellent post!!
I love Tipsy.It's really helpful for my pet animals just like as cat and dog.Really great sharing cat food brand.It's best cat food brand.Thanks for share great informative post.
Unread 10-24-2012   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

mist1960 is on a distinguished road

I use Longevity. Both my cats seem to like it and it is salmon based, rather than chicken based, which one of my cats is allergic to.
Unread 06-01-2013   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

dcsalihussain is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing nice information about the cat food brand and I'm love the cats..........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 06-11-2013   #6 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Asleep
amberpep is on a distinguished road

I've never heard of any of these products. Where do you all get them? I've been using Blue Buffalo dry, and since I started reading this forum, I'm switching to canned. I'd love to try these brands you all mentioned, but I don't know where to get them. I've never seen them.
abby
Unread 06-11-2013   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I buy cat food on line. Most on line stores have plenty of free shipping promotions.

Blue Buffalo is not a good food. 1) they refuse to reveal their sources for their ingredients. Why? What are they hiding? 2) there have been quite a few reports of kidney failure in cats fed Blue Buffalo. Bad ingredients. Unfortunately I cannot remember where I was reading about this ingredient in Blue that is causing kidney failure in cats. I remember it because I was so horrified, knowing my mother had just bought some of the BB dry for her strays. I called her up and told her about it and she said she would throw it away.

Dry food is really bad for cats. A good place to start learning why is Feeding Your Cat: Know the Basics of Feline Nutrition :: healthy cat diet, making cat food, litter box, cat food, cat nutrition, cat urinary tract health

please read this first
Unread 06-12-2013   #8 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Asleep
amberpep is on a distinguished road

I'll have to look on line and find the cat foods you suggested. Guess I'll just start by typing in "organic canned cat food" and see what comes up.

Thanks again for the info.

I do have one question ..... when I go away, like to visit my daughters about 4 hours away, I have a Vet. Tech. come in and feed them once a day and clean the litter pan. If they're on canned food, she'd have to come 2x a day and I can't afford that. Could they eat a dry food for the times I'm away?

Thanks again,
abby
Unread 09-08-2013   #9 (permalink)
Kitten

Zipfelmuetze is on a distinguished road

My cats like Taste of the Wild.
Unread 10-29-2013   #10 (permalink)
Newborn

thelifeofzeus is on a distinguished road

Acana Cat and Kitten is a great brand. Same with Call of the Wild.. we mix a portion of both. Check out their sites.

Tags
adopted , age , allergic , art , canned food , cat , cat food , cats , clean , diet , dog , dry , dry food , food , great , healthy , hiding , indoor , informative , litter box , loss , love , lucky , nutrition , pet , shorthair , thoughts , vet , weight , wild

Sponsored Cat Links