It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-30-2012   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

anniedew87 is on a distinguished road
Default Broken Leg kitten (long but worth the read I think)

One of my kitties Pearl has a broken back tibia. She had a horrible start with this situation. She turned one on May 30th but her leg broke the first week of April. We don't know how it happened. She is an indoor cat and got outside. She came home limping and crying. We brought her to our usual vet and they told us they set it and wrapped in in a Huge cast that was longer than Pearl. We put her in the bathroom to confine her like the vet told us. I was home alone and my fiance was out on a friday night. I was in bed and heard my cat yelling and thumbing. I went downstairs and was honestly afraid to answer the door. It sounded like there was a lion in my house. She was bitting her cast, her cast had turned around the other way. She had ripped out one of her nails so there was blood everywhere. She had to take her to the E.R. They told us amputation might be an option, but they took Xrays and said that instead of amputation they wanted to try surgery. They ended putting and external fixator on her leg (pins going from outside to inside of her leg). She could walk right when she got home. The problem now is that this surgery happened around April 12th and she still wasn't healed 14 weeks later. They advised us to not have xrays done till after summer was over. So now here we are, her appointment is tomorrow for xrays and maybe getting it out. I am honestly fed up. My kitty has been through hell with this fixator. It has been painful for her. She got it hooked on things a few times where it would start bleeding. A hole got infected which required that pin to be taken out. I am so over it, I regret not pushing harder for amputation. She would be healed and living a happy life by now. If her leg is not healed tomorrow any advice on what I should do? Thanks!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
advice , art , cat , crying , happy , hey , home , home alone , house , indoor , kitten , kitties , kitty , nails , night , problem , surgery , vet

Sponsored Cat Links