It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-10-2013   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Asleep
amberpep is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for advice

I have 2 cats, one is 6 and the other is 11. My 11 year old is a red Abyssinian and she is very sick .... she has pancreatitis. She's been on 3 meds. for over a week now - today is the last day for them. She's been taking doxycycline, a med. to give her an appetite, and one other thing which begins with "m" but I'm not sure of the name. She's eating, but I don't think she feels very good. I've been mixing her med. with canned food.
I usually feed both of they dry Blue Buffalo, but I'm learning from this forum that I shouldn't be feeding them dry food. What do you all suggest is the best thing to give them, dry or canned, a mixture of both, and what brand is good. I've always thought Blue Buffalo was the best you could get.
I'd appreciate any input any of you can give me. I'm afraid it may be too late for my poor abby (Amber). I suspect now that the medicine is finished, it will completely return once again, and I'll have to put her down. It breaks my heart, but I can't afford extended treatments and I don't know what they would do. She's been through a divorce with me, 3 moves, the acquisition of another kitty and a dog, all the while being as lovey and affectionate and ever. It makes me cry to think of putting her to sleep.
Thanks for listening ...
abby
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-29-2013   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

thelifeofzeus is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately I keep reading mixed thoughts on the topic. One argument against an all dry food diet is the risk of not getting enough water, which would lead to urinary tract infection.

Maybe ask your vet, I figure every breed is somewhat different. If your only feeding him dry, make sure it's the best of the best.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
abyssinian , advice , affectionate , breed , canned food , cats , diet , dog , dry , dry food , eating , food , hey , infection , kitty , sick , sleep , thoughts , vet , water

Sponsored Cat Links