It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-11-2013   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Asleep
amberpep is on a distinguished road
Default ~ GOOD NEWS - a reprieve ~

Hi all .... I don't know how many, if any, of you read my posts about my Amber and the diagnosis of pancreatitis she got. Well, today I called the Vet. and asked for one of the original doctors to call me back. Two women started the practice about 30 years ago and now they've taken on 2 young, just out of school, Vets. She had Amber's record and said she was more inclined to think, and hope, it was more along the line of a Chronic Colitis. She said that cats that have IBD are more prone to that. She also mentioned a lymphoma (cancer) but she said then we would begin to see a mass and feel a mass in her tummy. She told me about all the tests we could do to check for pancreatitis, which are many and expensive (and which the younger Vet thought I should have done) and told me that if it were her kitty she'd start her on Prednisolone, and mix 1 teas. yogurt in with her food once a day. I'm going to give her the tablets for 2 weeks and see how she does.

I am SO glad I talked to her .... both of these women also see farm animals and they are just so realistic and down to earth. I find some of the new Vets., while they are very nice and very competent, are so quick to just go into the big stuff which is always so expensive. I simply can't afford all those tests.

So, for now, I've still got my buddy and who knows, maybe I'll be able to have her for a long, long, time.

Happy abby
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-11-2013   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I'm glad to see the good news. I did look up some links on pancreatitis for you. Definitely get her off the dry food.

Pancreatitis Feline

Pancreatitis in Cats: Symptoms, Causes, Treatments

Pancreatitis in Cats - VetInfo

Pancreatitis in Cats Pancreatitis in Cats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-11-2013   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Asleep
amberpep is on a distinguished road

Thanks Gail .... you have been a huge help to me with so many things today. I truly appreciate it. I'm going to read those sites you just gave me.
abby

Tags
cats , dry , dry food , food , guide , health , hey , ibd , kitty , links , nice , vet

Sponsored Cat Links