It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-09-2013   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Hillbillypets is on a distinguished road
Exclamation My Kitten is Vomiting-Help?

I have a little kitten who just turned 8 weeks old. She was outside for a few weeks when she was born, then a few weeks ago we brought her inside to be an inside cat. She has been wormed and was doing fine, eating Purina Kitten Chow and the occasional can of wet food. The last few days she's not been eating much but still very active and happy, when I gave her some wet food this morning she ate like she was really hungry but then about an hour or so later she puked it back up. Any help appreciated please.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-09-2013   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I recommend you take her to the vet. Kittens need to eat, they go downhill fast if they don't eat and keep their food down. A kitten who can't or won't eat, or can't keep it down has something wrong.

By the way Purina Kitten chow is an awful food. I'm not judging, you didn't know, but look at the ingredients, there isn't even any meat in it. Canned food is definitely the best thing for her, I wouldn't even give her any dry at all, ever.

Congratulations on the rescue!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-29-2014   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

butterflyH is on a distinguished road

Rare episodes of vomiting can be normal in kittens. Consult your vet if the vomiting persists for more than 24 hours.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 03-29-2014   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Vomiting is NEVER "normal". A one time incident may not be something to be worried about if it doesn't happen again, but it is not "normal" for a cat to vomit. Ever.

This post is almost 2 years old of course, hopefully the kitten was brought to the vet, treated, and is eating a healthy wet diet.

please read this first

Tags
canned food , cat , diet , dry , eating , fast , food , happy , healthy , hey , kitten , kittens , morning , rare , rescue , vet , vomiting , wet food , won't eat

Sponsored Cat Links